Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: goldmaxx power  (Read 2279 times)
sodbuster
« on: June 22, 2009, 04:09:58 PM »

I had a play with a Goldmaxx power on Sunday ,I must admit I was impressed especially as the guy it belonged to pulled out the only coin found on the day ( a roman ) in an area full of iron. Has anyone any comments on the machine ?   
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 04:18:22 PM »

Yes...I still prefer the original Goldmaxx with the audio tone upgrade. They can be picked up a a good price since the Power came out and the audio has much more colour + In non iron tone mode you have a Tesoro type machine that can be better on some sites than the iron tone mode.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 08:15:42 PM »

Hello :)Alan I also use the goldmaxx mk1best machine I,ve used amongst Iron found my first ever celtic coin with it !! hope to find more when I can get back on ther site apparantly it as slightly less depth Huh a differant sound quality and a auto setting for coke rejection mind the mk1 suprised me a while back when I dug a piece of drinks can which measured approximately 2jnches x1 inch from well over a foot down compliments my m6 nicelygood hunting  ::)mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 08:45:03 AM »

We are all brainwashed when it comes to detectors thinking that if its a Mk 2 or 3 its got to be an improvement.

Even back in the more simple non motion days new was always better. The Arado 130 replaced the 120b (more depth, ability to work under power lines etc). It did have more depth but it wasn't as well liked and you dug far more iron. Didn't work under my power lines either !

Garretts best seller at the time was the Groundhog PB. They uprated it into the Groundhog ADS. Longer battery life and more sensitivity. Great, except a few months later they had to do a modification to allow the sensitivity to be dropped back to that of the original model.

Fishers twin frequency CZ6a went digital as the CZ7. Was no longer fully rainproof as the old model had been, many adjustments went from being infinately adjustable to just a few settings and worse of all the detector ran the batteries down when the machine was switched off. Suggestion was to open up the battery compartment after use !

With the Minelab Quattro v the new Safari there does seem to be an improvement in the speed you can detect at  but depth I don't think has changed. If you can't or don't want to pay the Safari price you can pay half and get very little less for your money and see how you get on with multifrequency. Same with the XP's. The Mk 1's through all the low/high frequency range are now bargain buys.

Problem is identifying whats a face lift and whats a performance improvement.
StumbledUpon

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 09:08:33 AM »

Excellent post Brian, Smiley Quattro was my first machine and I loved it, but I did'nt know any different then, dont know how much of an improvement the Safari is but I think if its alot quicker recovery then I bet its a very good machine. Have they used the same processor as the Etrac I wonder? had a swing of the new Whites Vision Sunday, I know nothing about Whites models, but I liked the audio and it is a lovely looking machine, Id say its the mercedes of all the detectors!
sodbuster
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 03:01:35 PM »

Thanks for all your informative replies . This forum certainly excells in knowledgable members , whose experience with many different types of machines I find to be most helpful. Thanks again!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal