Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy, sell or keep ?  (Read 2402 times)
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« on: June 22, 2009, 09:24:48 AM »

Everyone must have seen the adverts for scrap/broken gold in the newspapers and now even on T.V.

Last week on Breakfast T.V. they went to a gold party. Like the old Tupperwear ones but in this case you invite friends to bring scrap gold and there's a dealer waiting to buy.
The host gets 10% and the dealer makes around 30%. What was interesting was that the dealer suggested that she paid out about 20% more than you were likely to get in the high street !

Seems they are doing great business. Meanwhile the Germans are buying gold by the ton for security of savings as the hyper-inflation before the war hasn't been forgotten. They have now introduced slot machines at some airports where you can buy wafers of gold (at a 30% premium over todays gold prices).

This leaves us with the question of what to do with gold finds. Sell, then what do you do with the money as interest rates are so poor ? Or hold on and hope for demand to outstrip supply in the hope of making a real killing.
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 10:05:04 AM »

I HAD A COUPLE OF FLYERS POSTED THROUGH THE DOOR  ABOUT  SCRAP GOLD    BEST PRICES PAID   ETC ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, BLOKE TURNED UP AND I HAD 2 OLD  GOLD  RINGS  THAT I THAUGHT I WOULD SEE WHAT HE OFFERD,,,,,,,,,,,, HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK  WAS  OFFERD   Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh       £4    EACH ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,    WELL I WASTED  NO TIME IN TELLING HIM WHERE TO PUT  THE  CASH   Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
DIG IT! (ADIE)

X-TERRA 70 user explorer 11

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 04:41:48 PM »

I sold some gold last week and got 6.50 a gram i was well chuffed but i was also offered 5.00 a gram at another dealers shop so be careful when selling your gold you could get ripped off ! If anybodys interested in selling there gold for a good price i will tell you where i got the 6.50 per gram but you will have to PM me Grin Wink

Heavy metal nut that digs loads of iron
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 10:30:59 PM »

I wish I could find some gold full stop!...lol

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 01:17:18 PM »

We have those people that come around quite regulary to buy your old gold you no longer want like odd earrings,broken rings etc,they really do try to rip you off,i would`nt sell even an earring to them,so i would rather keep my gold or agree to shop around for the best price.

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 01:24:23 PM »

yeah,  iv'e often wondered about those door salesman after old gold,   i'll be hanging on to mine as well i think
what £4 each for those gold rings, Huh  they were proberbly good quality then if they were old,

ROMAN STEVE
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 07:26:02 PM »

If the door to door salesman wants to buy your gold off you whatever price he will offer you  he got to make a profit on it so all the gold i got i will keep for my grand children what they do with it is up to them but no gypo coming to my door is going to rip me off

Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 06:51:59 AM »

not so long ago the Buffoon in No 10 GORDON BROWN  Sold off 400 tons of our Gold reserves (half of our total)and Announced the week before he did so ,he was going to do it which was  suicide . He is to face questions in parliament after revelations that he disregarded advice from the Bank of England before he sold off more than half the country’s gold reserves and sold it for rock  a bottom of the market price . And he has the gall to tell us he`s the best bet we have to lead our country.
That massive blunder cost this country a loss of 2 Billion pounds on todays Gold prices.
(apologies for the rant)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:56:23 AM by Jeb » Logged

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
hedgehog
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 07:02:15 AM »

I had forgotten about that Jeb, good point, I was really annoyed at the time because as you go into a recession and low interest rates people put their money into gold, that's an historical fact. With his credentials he shoudn't have made such a fundamental error and there is no way back on that one now!
mel

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 10:34:14 AM »

Thats it get it off you chest if it makes you feel good Cheesy
there's nothing like a good moan about politics and the bloody idiot's at number 10 Angry
but it aint gona get better as long as the british people sit on their backsides  Sad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal