Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombs on beaches  (Read 2737 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: February 10, 2016, 02:57:15 PM »

Police have warned of the chances of coming across ordnance on South Hams beaches after a big storm.

A spokesman said: ‘After a decent storm we often get reports of ordnance being found on beaches, particularly Torcross, after the wind and sea unearth it from its resting place’.

Ordnance is explosive weapons – bombs, shells, grenades, land mines, naval mines, cluster munitions, etc – that did not explode when they were employed and still pose a risk of detonation, potentially many decades after they were used or discarded.

Recently, we have heard reports of an aircraft rocket near Slapton Sands last February, and an unexploded bomb was found at Strete Gate Beach the year before.

The police advice is ‘if you see anything on the beach, or anywhere else, which you believe may be ordnance then please call 999 and inform the Police or the Coastguard. Do not touch it. Do not put it in your car boot and drive it to us at the police station.

‘Just leave it where it is and call 999.

* Storm-Ordinance-1.jpg (117.58 KB, 570x807 - viewed 724 times.)

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 04:03:19 PM »

I like the last bit of advice 'Do not bring it to us'  They're not daft are they.
More than can be said for some.  Remember that Guy who was carrying one on his shoulder an his way back to the car with his daughter following behind him (or was it his Son)  One born every minuet  Roll Eyes

Good post Neil. Wink

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
raistlain

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 04:16:34 PM »

I never worry about stuff like that....I just send the wife over with a stick to poke it a few times whilst I stand at a safe distance... Roll Eyes
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 08:05:50 PM »

How the hell would you get one of these in your boot?Huh  Roll Eyes

* UXB.jpg (96.67 KB, 557x558 - viewed 696 times.)

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal