Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Silly silly me! :(  (Read 2762 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: February 04, 2016, 08:23:12 PM »

Oh well,
               Wednesday; bored stiff sitting around the house, I decided to run down the coast and try an hour or two on the sand. Drove down in torrential rain and arrived for 0700 hrs. Waited in the car for the rain to leave off and was on the beach by 0800. Turning west as I entered the beach from the car-park, I found a cold, strong, westerly wind blowing in my face and decide to to turn my back to the wind and head east.

As I progressed eastward the sun broke through the clouds and cast a great golden shaft of light onto the eastern section of my intended search area. Ah ha thinks I, perhaps an omen for the discovery of gold. Twenty pence later and plenty of scrap, the Safari gave me a nice audio with a 39 indication of a possible coin. And then, at last, "yellow metal". A bloody brass .303 cartridge case!

After two hours of frustration and with numb fingers, streaming eyes, and a running nose; I turned tail for the car-park and put all the gear away. Arrived home to a severe scolding from the wife and aint stopped coughing since. Sad

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 08:28:34 PM »

Hope you get better soon...but that wind could have dropped a gully or stripped some sand and it would have been a Gold day..well done anyway. Wink
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 08:33:58 PM »

The two days before, the winds had been gusting at 45 ml/hr. I bet someone will get lucky this week but it will not be me; heading for my gp's surgery first thing tomorrow.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 08:52:01 PM »

TUT!TUT now Chris,I really do know how frustrating this dammed weather is,BUT,what's the point of giving yourself bl###y pneumonia, that will lay you up for weeks or worse ......permanently!!!
I did suffer pneumonia a couple of years ago and believe me you never get over it properly it "knackers you up"
S0when your good lady throws a wobbler she is more than justified !!
It won't be long,the weather will get better,and then we can all get out there doing what we love to do most....GO DETECTING!!!
Take care Chris, and I hope you start to feel better real soon !!👍
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 10:05:06 PM »

Oh dear Chris. Hope it doesn't developed into anything worse.
One good thing about having the dogs is I have to take them walkies. At least I get a taste of what it's like 1st hand before I make a move with the detector.
I've got home cold and wet that many times in the last couple of months I've lost count. Had enough by the time I've done that job. Boring yes but glad to get and stay warm and dry in the afternoons.
The day light is getting longer and not too many weeks before we put the clocks forward. Roll on the Summer, if we get one  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 10:27:30 PM »

Here Here Val.  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal