Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: E-Track Battery  (Read 4587 times)
raistlain

« on: December 25, 2015, 03:12:14 PM »

Ok so probably been asked a million times but ....how long do you charge your E-Trac battery ...i know it initially says 18 hours but after that Huh.....thanks in advance  Wink
Jeff The Wizard

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 04:11:28 PM »

Ok so probably been asked a million times but ....how long do you charge your E-Trac battery ...i know it initially says 18 hours but after that Huh.....thanks in advance  Wink
I try and leave re charging until the Battery is near to flat, then leave it charging overnight, but I understand it's perfectly ok to recharge your NIMH battery when it's not fully discharged.

5 to 7 hours should do the trick.

Hope this helps,
Jeff Cool
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 04:16:17 PM by Jeff The Wizard » Logged

If ring pulls and bottle tops were currency I would be a rich man
raistlain

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 09:21:32 PM »

thanks mate overnight sounds ok i let it down to one bar so pretty much fischarged anyway i would imagine
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 09:33:24 PM »

You'll never fully discharge it normally as the minelab's stop working at around 8v but as Jeff says NiMH batteries don't build up a memory like the older NiCd and in fact draining them shortens their life Wink
raistlain

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 11:14:56 PM »

so its ok if its down to one or two bars to just charge  it overnight say seven or eight hours ?.... Huh
Greg

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 11:47:46 PM »

As long as you are using the OEM charger, you can leave it on overnight the output is limited to 100mA so even if it is fully charged it will dissipate any overcharge as heat (not very hot, but it may be warm in the morning).
raistlain

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 02:34:53 PM »

yes its OEM charger so should be ok overnight then thanks
Scuff
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 03:22:03 PM »

HI - I've often left mine on charge a couple of days at a time. seems fine and on same battery for over a year with 5+ hours use per week
raistlain

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 03:33:23 PM »

so from the replys i take it its pretty safe left on for extended periods without harm and if its down to one or two bars a few hours charge (3-4 hours) should get me a good few hours detecting and do no damage to battery ..   Smiley
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 03:57:14 PM »

Yes I tend to put mine on charge (when I remember) the night before I go out detecting regardless of what's left in it and I know it's fully charged by morning be a little careful trusting in the battery scale on the detector as I've found it's not linear it can show fully charged for a great deal of time but as it drops it can go from full to empty quite quickly Wink
raistlain

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 05:26:47 PM »

Yes I tend to put mine on charge (when I remember) the night before I go out detecting regardless of what's left in it and I know it's fully charged by morning be a little careful trusting in the battery scale on the detector as I've found it's not linear it can show fully charged for a great deal of time but as it drops it can go from full to empty quite quickly Wink

yes i noticed that in fact its because of that i asked about charging the battery...i went out the other day and it showed 3 bars but after a short time it had dropped too one bar and i had no other battery pack with me so in future i will take the normal 8 AA battery holder with me just in case  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal