Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's time...  (Read 4181 times)
raistlain

« on: December 21, 2015, 10:52:27 AM »

Well been out in fields a few times with the E-Trac and slowly getting the hang of it thanks to programmes and tips off here ...But since im surrounded by Beaches i think it's time to have a try.I gather theres a big difference between beach and land detecting especially on the wet part of the beach so any tips on settings discrimination patterns etc for the beach Huh? any help welcome ... Smiley
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 02:57:13 PM »

No there is no difference at all with the Minelab BBS and FBS machines those programs I sent you will do just fine and as with inland if it gets noisy just turn down the sensitivity;)
raistlain

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 04:18:07 PM »

Really !!! ....great thanks i didnt want to use the minelab mode as like the coin mode it's all discrimination in fact it looks exactly the same pattern . Ive been doing good with the tiny tadpole without a tail pattern and the mode settings you sent me so i will try them on the beach then  Smiley
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 04:35:56 PM »

You might find it a bit noisy on the beach compared to the fields. There's a lot of rubbish buried in that sand.  Give it a try and see if you still feel the same about discrim. Wink

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 05:32:36 PM »

At the end of the day the Etrac is a tone discriminator so the use of any blanking discrimination isn't necessary as the tones tell you when it's good or bad OK it takes time to learn the tones but an open screen will always find you more Wink
raistlain

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 05:59:57 PM »

ive been using the tadpole no tail pattern in most parts of the field with multi tone conduct and getting used to the sounds but still digging everything just to see if i got it right or almost right then in part of the field i use quick mask with just bottom two bars black and still multi tone conduct takes a bit too get used to whats noise and whats signal but stuck at it and finding it supprisingly clever at telling you what the target is likley to be just by sound your ears soon take over and tell you to dig or not sounds wierd but its the best way i can explain it ha ha first ten mins or so each time out are hard as it takes ten mins to get used to chatter but after that the ears settle down and it becomes comfortable ....anyway i will try the same settings on the beach and see how it goes thanks Val and Geof appreciated  Smiley
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 06:48:57 PM »

Take my hat off to you raistlain.  That's the only way to go with Minelab.  I had a Minelab Safari which had a whole lot more tones than yours.  I hated it for months and goodness knows how much I missed. Like you I stuck at it and in the end I loved that machine. It spoke to me in dulcet tones and I  knew every note.
I only admitted defeat after being laid off for nearly 4 months, think my muscles had gone weak and I found it too heavy.
Now I'm going through the same with the Deus but I'm getting there.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
raistlain

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 08:28:23 PM »

ha ha the tones are addictive I've even heard them in my sleep after using the emulator programme  Roll Eyes
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 12:17:36 AM »

So I should be able to use a similar programme to my land programme any beach detecting - apparently I'm going to Redcar sur la mer on Boxing day Smiley ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal