Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ultimate  (Read 4814 times)
raistlain

« on: December 19, 2015, 09:52:04 AM »

reading through old E-trac posts etc and noticed time and time again the words "13 in Ultimate coil" keep cropping up.Is there much difference between this and the coil that comes with the E-trac ? and if so what Huh
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 10:56:56 AM »

This is a field test I did a few years ago which may help Undecided
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxtf-O7KMnEnbm5CdkFCQ2RRLWVmNW01cEN1UkYxQQ/edit?pli=1
troutmasterfunk

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 12:17:28 PM »

Better ground cover a bit deeper overall a great addition to a great machine..👍
raistlain

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 01:21:46 PM »

This is a field test I did a few years ago which may help Undecided
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxtf-O7KMnEnbm5CdkFCQ2RRLWVmNW01cEN1UkYxQQ/edit?pli=1

i didnt realise you tested stuff and wrote about it !!! thanks really good piece and very helpfull ....did you ever get to do the beach test with it and if so how did it do ?
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 02:10:44 PM »

Hi raistlain,  I've been down this road before and asked all the same questions.  I don't think Geoff ever got around to a beach test.  But I did after I bought one.  It's as good on the beach as anywhere else.  Great addition to the armoury. 
Only 2 small gripes I had was the weight and pin pointing.  Never quite sorted that out.
The extra weight can be compensated for by adjusting the length of the stem but I don't s'pose it would be a problem for you anyway.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
raistlain

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 04:18:35 PM »

thanks val im ok with the weight ive been out all day with the standard on no problems ...i do agree with pinpointing i find it hard and im garbage at it so getting a pinpointer.... i did what you did spade wise i got a stainless border spade had it ground into a shield shape and shortened the handle slightly works great  Smiley
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 04:36:04 PM »

Pinpointing is relatively easy if you use the "tip" technique all you need to do is just swing the coil over the target whilst moving the coil backwards towards you where you loose the signal the target will be in the cleft at the front of the coil Wink
raistlain

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 05:40:22 PM »

ha ha ive certainly not been doing that ive been waving it around like mad getting frustrated as the pesky burried item keeps moving around ha ha ha thanks i will give it a go  Smiley
raistlain

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 06:26:24 PM »

Pinpointing is relatively easy if you use the "tip" technique all you need to do is just swing the coil over the target whilst moving the coil backwards towards you where you loose the signal the target will be in the cleft at the front of the coil Wink

is this whilst in the pinpoint normal mode ?
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 06:36:47 PM »

Just in normal detecting mode,  without trying to use the onboard pinpointer.  Good luck, hope you do better than I did.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
raistlain

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 07:01:22 PM »

ive had a few quick goes with a coin in the garden on the surface and it seems to be working just take a little practice i suppose ..just wish this constant rain and wind would bugger off  Embarrassed
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 02:04:59 AM »

Ah wind, try rennies or alka seltzer Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 10:09:00 AM »

I don't know if this is any help, but (when I was using an SE Pro) I saw Mike using an ultimate coil on his Minelab, bought one myself (from Chef) and then found a hoard a week later (in the same field). Smiley

I still use it on my E-TRAC - certainly better ground coverage - don't personally notice any weight difference between it and the standard coil - only thing is that I should one day buy a small coil for use in stubble / maize stubble fields - but that's not complaining about the coil.

I use (especially in park detecting) the 'cross' pinpointing - and that works well for me (i.e when the signal disappears for this one the item is pretty close to the indent on the coil).
raistlain

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2015, 10:38:50 AM »

yes it helps thanks kind sir

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal