Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: E-Track  (Read 4385 times)
raistlain

« on: December 14, 2015, 11:54:24 PM »

only ever used a whites prizm 4 before so new to the E-Track....are the switch on and go modes any good as they seem to use lots of discrimination if im undetstanding the manual right Huh...im looking for a simple beach setting and a simple pasture setting so i can get used to the machine and tones etc but unsure of the built in modes any advise  welcome  Huh
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 12:08:08 AM »

As you say the factory pre-sets use a great deal of disc which is fine in the USA where their coins have in the main always been quite solid lumps and in most places have only had a maximum of 200 of iron contamination but over here there is far to much danger of missing things and with that much disc half your tones won't be there to learn anyway so start as you mean to go on is my advice or you'll have to learn it twice, if things get too noisy then just turn down the sensitivity and/or volume gain Wink
It will take time it took me almost a year but I had too many preconceived ideas which I had to get rid of, you may find that still being quite fresh to using a machine that like Taff you master it in only a few months.
I can send you a file to download vie the Exchange program that has the most commonly used UK programs Wink
raistlain

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 12:19:13 AM »

As you say the factory pre-sets use a great deal of disc which is fine in the USA where their coins have in the main always been quite solid lumps and in most places have only had a maximum of 200 of iron contamination but over here there is far to much danger of missing things and with that much disc half your tones won't be there to learn anyway so start as you mean to go on is my advice or you'll have to learn it twice, if things get too noisy then just turn down the sensitivity and/or volume gain Wink
It will take time it took me almost a year but I had too many preconceived ideas which I had to get rid of, you may find that still being quite fresh to using a machine that like Taff you master it in only a few months.
I can send you a file to download vie the Exchange program that has the most commonly used UK programs Wink
i have the exchange programme on my laptop so yes please a file would be a great help thank you  Smiley
raistlain

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 12:25:41 AM »

will it tell me in the exchange programme instructions on were to save and how to load the file  Huh
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 12:43:52 AM »

Done Wink
raistlain

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 01:04:14 AM »

brilliant thank you kind sir ....i will mention your help in the papers when i find my hoard  Wink
smudgecd

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 02:57:54 AM »

Heres a setting for pasture that works brill.

Auto sensitivity +3
Number of tones 4
Ferrous
Trash density play it by ear
Difficult ground on
Recovery speed again depending on conditions
Threshold 19
Volume gain 26
Normal sound
Max volume
And use the relic pre programmed discrimination. This setting works a treat for me.

Garrett euroace

1x hammered silver
2x milled silver
2x buckles
raistlain

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 09:16:09 AM »

cheers i will give it a go thanks Smiley
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 10:05:03 AM »

In time you may find you're happy with this or that setting but to start off I would always recommend multi tone  conductive as it gives more info and while I'm only talking about maybe 0.5% of targets it makes you learn the tones.
I know users who have owned their etrac for 6 or 7 years who moved from a starter machine and still use it in auto sensitivity, two tone ferrous and I feel like saying "you wasted £1k you should have stayed with the Garrett Ace" as they seem to think the name on the side will find them things but it's a bit like owning an F1 Mercedes your not going to win a race if you don't know how to drive it Wink
jayhay69
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 02:27:52 PM »

i`ve always had my E-trac totally open apart from 2 bars at the bottom,and press iron mask if your not sure,it is hard to get used to it but if your patient you can find a lot of items IF you go over it, i`ve found loads of Roman,hammered, milled coins lots of Artifacts. go slow and low and you cant go wrong if in doubt dig it out  Smiley

1 x Gold Guinea
1 x Gold posy ring
8 x Roman coins
2 x Roman Brooch
2 x Silver Denari
6 x Hammered
3 x Silver Milled
1 x silver thimble

Caius Vipsanius Ursus
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 03:03:54 PM »

I usually use a standard ferrous discrim (knock out anything above about 28-32), but if I find an iffy signal, I'll switch to the 'no nails' discrim pattern.

Personally not entirely sure what level of threshold I should have - I usually leave it at 1 which is probably why it is noisy in manual (so I've taken to using it in auto a lot of the time). [Some advice on this would be appreciated]

I had to learn to dig any decent signal, as I started to ignore things because they were likely to be shrapnel or can confetti......
raistlain

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 03:50:07 PM »

In time you may find you're happy with this or that setting but to start off I would always recommend multi tone  conductive as it gives more info and while I'm only talking about maybe 0.5% of targets it makes you learn the tones.
I know users who have owned their etrac for 6 or 7 years who moved from a starter machine and still use it in auto sensitivity, two tone ferrous and I feel like saying "you wasted £1k you should have stayed with the Garrett Ace" as they seem to think the name on the side will find them things but it's a bit like owning an F1 Mercedes your not going to win a race if you don't know how to drive it Wink

yes thats what i was scared of doing but i tested with a few coins in the garden and was supprised that in coin mode it rejected (nulled) even some coins !!! but now ive downloaded them discrimination patterns it picks up everything thanks  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal