Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: question about insurance  (Read 12758 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 06:55:15 PM »

Many thanks for that last thread outlaw,if indeed that could be set out (IN LAY TERMS)then I think we all could breath a sigh of relief.
Because at the moment I'm confused !!!,mind you it doesn't take much these days !! Huh
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 07:07:18 PM »

Well M8, I do not think you are alone (confused that is ) lol

Many of us have been paying insurance to either the FID now FIDCS or NCMD,for a number of years and have assumed we are covered for the hobby,
 to read statements that the policy probably only covers the detectorist would mean everytime we show our cards to a farmer, we might be misleading him into thinking he is covered also by our insurance.

As a detectorist  and I consider myself to be responsible one, will investigate this further and post up my findings at a later date.

In all probabilities it will result in a more costly insurance policy, or organisers of large rallies will charge more to cover blanket insurance costs.
david995

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2015, 07:13:26 PM »

Thanks for that alan,  but that was n't the thread  i was refering to. 

it may of been another thread subject but it turned to insurance policies and the worthlessness of them in particular to the farmer but also a waste for the detectorist

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2015, 07:17:47 PM »

Cheers "outlaw" I await,with baited breath !!👍
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2015, 07:38:33 PM »

Thanks for that alan,  but that was n't the thread  i was refering to. 

it may of been another thread subject but it turned to insurance policies and the worthlessness of them in particular to the farmer but also a waste for the detectorist

I totally agree with your previous post regarding the insurance companies being in a win win situation as blame would be almost impossible to apportion but it's not absolutely worthless, it's public liability insurance so has never been intended to cover you as a detectorist only accident or injury which is a result of your detecting.
The premiums are relatively cheep even for thousands of members which has always been my gripe as neither the Ncmd or FID's accounts are available to view at least Colin was open in accepting the FID was a business nothing more (those American RV's don't come cheap) but the NCMD are meant to be a representative body Huh Sorry I've got off my soap box now Cheesy
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2015, 09:22:32 PM »

I've got to admit that I haven't looked at either FID or NCMD site in any detail so I don't know if there is a page showing all the terms of agreement.
I do remember thinking, when I first paid for cover,  I would get something in the post. Of course I didn't but never chased it up.
If it's public liability only why do we bother anyway. Most of us who have house insurance have that cover in plenty. When I was still riding and going to different events where we had to show proof of insurance. I asked for and got it in writing that both my horse and myself where covered by this section.
That was with NFU who offer a very good cover for most things. Since loosing my horse I've changed companies and saved us £200 a year. I know we still have public liability but haven't thought to check if it covers us while out with  hobbies. I must check that.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
David.JJ
Rally attendee

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 10:19:12 PM »

wow i certainly did not want to make this a contavercial subject but its obvious there are different beliefs in insurance.
one post in particualr caught my eye but i thank everyone for answering my question. well sort of answering it lol. the post from the brecon club chairman makes sense and this is why i have already paid to join fid which is ever so cheap compared to my shooting insurance. it only cost me £13 to join using internet but i also had to send a photo to them.  the post from the brecon chairman made sense just like my friend who advised me clubs know fid and mcmd and many dont trust individual insauances as implied by the brecon man.
so my insurarce has been sorted but i am waiting for everything to come back.
another post caught my eye when chef geoff said he never heard of a claim being made well my friend that i have been out with twice now says he was with the swansea claub and a farmer sued their club for leavinga gate open which i think he said caused cows or somethiong to escape and i think he said the club got sued twice but from what i have read here it makes sense that it would be hard to identify an individual unless the person was detyecting by himself on land.
main thing is i have got insurance now connected with metal detecting so and i thank everyone that has posted a reply

edit by me sorry about spelling mistakes and lots of them lol. i work 4 on 4 off and its been a hard day
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:26:23 PM by David.JJ » Logged
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 10:21:50 PM »

i dont understand life insurance......if i die i get a big pay out Cheesy

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 12:52:13 PM »

No Nobby!!! When we die(,as we all have to) some body else picks up the DOSH !!,well how frustrating is that lll....LOL!! Merry Christmas 👍🎅🎄
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 01:50:12 PM »

i dont understand life insurance......if i die i get a big pay out Cheesy

What do you mean "if"?
raistlain

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 03:52:42 PM »

nobby is hoping they have a cure for death by the time his clock runs out ha ha ha.....if.... Roll Eyes
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 06:10:03 PM »

Oh!! Nobby, didn't know you were into Cryogenic's... Huh
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2015, 08:26:22 PM »

Oh!! Nobby, didn't know you were into Cryogenic's... Huh

I thought they were a heavy rock group!  Grin Grin Grin

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2015, 08:29:25 PM »

Grin Grin Grin  Grin!!!!
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2016, 07:12:26 PM »

A most informative and thought provoking thread; unfortunately I missed it's commencement and it has set me thinking. I wonder why detector dealerships have never contemplated offering FID of NCMD memberships as part of their detector deals, and based on a comment by Val, I wonder if the NFU would be prepared to offer us metal detecting policies.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal