Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ALWAYS check the field out first.  (Read 3972 times)
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« on: November 29, 2008, 09:41:39 AM »

Talking about Bullocks on the other thread.
I remember only a few months ago, I had seen this field which was right in a town and looked like it hadn`t been ploughed for years. I thought , " its got to be heaving".
 Got the OK to go on it, but left it for a while due to other circumstances.
 Anyway few months down the line i decided to have a mooch on it.
 Got there and noticed two horses grazing over yonder on the field, but decided they were well enough out of sight so i ventured on to this field.
 Anyway after about half an hours detecting and disappointingly not a lot forth coming i was startled by a Thunderous sound of Horse hooves COMING MY WAY.!!!
 Looking up those two by now " enormous" horses were bearing down on me faster than a Ferrari.
My blood froze and i felt my legs go to jelly. This must be how you feel when you stand on a railway track & a train is coming to wards you i would imagine.
My life flashed before my eyes. I waited for me to end up flat as a pancake as you see on the cartoons as they swept over me.  I could now see the whites of their wild eyes. I felt sick!

Just as they got withing ten feet of me, i instinctively raised my arms forward and held my "fragile" detector outstretched towards them .
 They both braked hard and one went one way and the other the other way around me Circling me .
 One was Snorting and nodding his head up and down pawing the ground as he did.
My botty felt like it was sucking me from the outside in. Shocked
 What i didn`t know then, was this was a Stallion ,put in with a mare to mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess he saw me as a rival !. Cry
 Now this big evil **** wanted my Ass for breakfast,i could tell.
 He continually pawed the ground and was snorting and whinnying like a banshee .
 My detector was STILL outstretched towards him and he ,all of a sudden did a whirling back kick at me with both back legs. Luckily ,i backed off quickly & he missed me
OMG i was crapping myself by now. I REALLY though i was gonna die.
 To cut a long story short this went on what seemed like an eternity, but probably was about ten to fifteen minutes. Which i can assure you was 10 to 15 minutes too long.
 Twice more the stallion whirled around trying to kick my brains out.
 He then changed his tactics and came towards me head lowered ears back  and then tried to bite me with the Biggest set of gnashers you`ve ever seen in your life.
 I backed off again waving my arms franticly shouting, " gerroutovit "
 By now i had inched towards a pool of water in a dip near the Stone wall. I decided to wade through this pond ,and try to get over the wall. Luckily for me the stallion didn`t follow me into the shallow pond and i reached the wall. I then got over it as quickly as i possibly could.
I was over , and out of danger AT LAST !
So my advice IS, always check the field out to see if there are any courting couples in there too.
 I don`t think I`ll ever forget that encounter,and the best of it was I didn`t fancy his girlfriend anyway!!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 09:47:01 AM by Jeb » Logged

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 10:07:32 AM »

lol Jeb sounds like that was a day to remember

I found a new respect for horse,s a few years ago when working as a caretaker in the Education offices in Abercynon.
This horse had got into the grounds of the new buildings and was pulling any wires he could find and ripping them off the walls He was like a four legged hoody lol.
I thought no one does this to a building Im looking after NOT ON MY WATCH lol  Angry
I went out infront of 50 60 women who where all hideing behind the plate glass windows and total made a complete fool of my self  Sad
I went out with a broom and tried to chase him away and it turned around and chased me back into the building after the fits of laughter had died down I told the ladies that he was fine where he was and he,d tell us when hes finished lol

The motto is ..Beware of wild animals and if anyones watching dont be a hero lol
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 09:43:56 PM »

horses have a "thing" for me too.....if ever they are about ..they make a beeline for me....the detector and shovel dance does it for just long enough to get out of there !!  Wink...byron

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 12:03:50 AM »

lol Byron

That was sooooooooooo funny last but one visit to the Club site,
Seconds later and youd be looking to buy a new Detector lol
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 09:56:52 AM »

iv'e never had any fear of them or cows,  just got myself in there,  but this is making me thing again now, wow  lol
 Alan

hedgehog
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 10:31:45 AM »

Hiya jeb, funny story when you are not experiencing it yourself, having been in a few sticky situations I used to put my head down (to feign submission, (instead of abject fear)) and walk backwards slowly, that usually worked until I met a couple of rams fighting over the ladies. Thought I was a contender and going to charge him , he won, hard little buggers they are Undecided
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »

I know i`ll never go in with horses anyway again. Once was enough. Thing is it doesn`t matter how old you are, you won`t out run a horse to escape anyway. So once they spot you ,unless you can nip over somethiing you don`t stand a chance of getting away from them. The two of them got from one end of the field to me in seconds . The Thundering of the Hooves scares the hell out of you too. Its so loud as they get nearer to you as they gallop .

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 10:55:32 PM »

Hi Alan

We was at one of our club fields when 4 or 5 Horses started charging Byrons Bright Yellow Shovel and his Explorer which Byron had left someway down the hill to have a chat with me and Des.

Byron had to sprint down the hill to save his pride and joy waving them both like a demented Windmill to scare the horses away then they circled him and one kept having a go charging then backing off
I was to busy laughing my head off to help   Cheesy
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 01:03:27 AM »

who needs enemies when i  have friends like this eh?..... Grin

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
BottyBurp (Kris)

To "Search and Protect"

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 01:39:42 AM »

That is one hell of a horrible thing to go through Jeb, i understand exactly how you feel as I had the same sort of experience with a Bull.

I am the worlds worst coward when it comes to animals, I don't like cows and I certainly don't like horses (they run faster and also have steel toe caps)!

I went out detecting at a place called Nailsea a few years back. It was very early in the morning and I noticed cows in the field so I walked through that field then through the next field which was empty and into the next which was also empty.

After about 30 minutes of detecting I was down on one knee just pressing my divet back in when something caused me to look up. There was a huge brown and whit Bull about 15 feet from me and all the Cows formed a horseshoe formation behind him. The Bull was making the most horrible noise I've ever heard in real life and was shaking its head from side to side then it starting jumping up and slamming its front legs down on the floor (not what they show on the telly).

Anyway, I was shaking like mad but calmly started to walk towards the stream at the bottom of the field but the Bull was intent on eating me and started to follow. I truly thought that my number was up that day but started to walk a lot faster then the last few seconds I ran like really quick in a Zig Zag whils shouting anything I could at it and I ended up actually in the stream.

The bull didn't take it's eyes off me for ages and I eventually got out the stream in the next field, I walked through the remaing cows which looked so small after the bull and left. I wouldn't normally walk anywhere near cows as they scare the rubbish out of me.

After speaking with a different farmer he said that I did exactly the right thing and reckons that if push came to shove I could of hit it on the nose with my spade but that would have only gained me a few seconds!

Scary Stuff ...

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE & SIGN THE GUESTBOOK.
H.M.D.C. Member
S.H.R.A.D.S Member
N.C.M.D. Member
www.freewebs.com/krisupfold
www.freewebs.com/hucclecotemetaldetectingclub

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal