Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Back to reality  (Read 6203 times)
Mogs
Rally attendee

« on: November 30, 2015, 09:12:39 PM »

Hello all  Smiley I'm known as mogs short for Morgans which is my surname ,I've been detecting for about two years with some success .I have met a few people here on various rally's and know Mike from years ago. I want to get to know more people in the detectoring world and to learn how to use my machine lol ,So please say hi and never know we might go detecting ?
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 09:44:27 PM »

Hi there Moggs,welcome to  the Detecting Wales forum,probably one of the best and informative detecting forums in UK,although we do have "relatives" (Detecting Scotland)
I have been a member forva couple of years or son and have learned so much About metal detecting,on how to and how not to,plus,its great to get your finds identified.
As for me,WELL,I live in West Wales, Pembrokeshire to be exact,so some really good beaches on which to detect,plus a couple of pastured permissions.
I started detecting using a bounty hunter,then on to an ACE 250,(great little machine)then a Euro ACE, not so good(for me) then a Minelab SAFARI,then onto the great Minelab Sovereign GT, BRILLIANT machine,but a bit heavy (for me)
And now I have the NOKTA FORS CoRe, and wow,what a n absolutely brilliant machine, love it to bits,and itsca keeper,i won't be getting rid of it either.
Well Moggs,that's it from me,and all I can say is,good hunting and I hope you find all you go searching for..(DD)👍

Mogs
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 10:37:32 PM »

Hello and thanks for post dingdong Smiley I looked into the  NOKTA FORS CoRe and is a cracking machine on youtube  ,I use a minelab etrac got a 13 inch nel for it but use the std light coil most of the time and have a xs as reserve .I'm in the Carmarthen area and combined land between me and detecting partner about 35 farms some I haven't been on yet and working  for the university of wales in Carmarthen  got some land off them , but will get there .Have done cefn sidan beach in the past but farm is the way to go I think.
 What do you think of 4 tone ferrous on the minelab?I use it a lot with channel 1 for MHz ,got 2 hammies sunday before last with this method ?I can tell this is going to be a good site from the posts and the general attitude of the members  .
What type of tone do you get say from a lizzie 6 pence on the  NOKTA FORS CoRe?High/ medium ? and what depth ?.I have seen what that machine can do in depth and am very impressed....mogs
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 10:45:11 PM »

welcome to DW mogs , so were do you know me from mate  Smiley

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
Mogs
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 11:00:43 PM »

Are you Mike miles that use to work for ALTRON ,I might be mistaken?
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 11:01:41 PM »

Are you Mike miles that use to work for ALTRON ,I might be mistaken?

wrong mike mate  Smiley

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 11:07:12 PM »

I know a Mike miles from rhydffelin ..... Welcome to the forum btw Wink

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Mogs
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 11:12:03 PM »

Mike I know might be mike (dances with badgers) so sorry mate .
Mogs
Rally attendee

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 11:13:17 PM »

And thank you for welcome appreciated  Smiley
wittsy1

Where am I?

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 06:22:13 AM »

Hello and welcome from a Pembrokeshire Yokel. 35 farms, blimey you will be busy, look forward to seeing your finds.
Mogs
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 10:31:55 AM »

Thank you for the welcome wittsy  Smiley yeah went a bit mad finding them lol ,can speak fluent welsh as well so that's a big help around these parts and use to do a lot of hunting in area so they knew me already which helped. I notice a post from a newcomer  like myself  to the site just came to Carmarthenshire ,ill give him a post and see if I can help him to got out for detect etc .Everyone so far has been so nice thanks all ....mogsy Smiley
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 12:20:55 PM »

Welcome to DW Mogs Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 05:56:25 PM »

Hi ya "Mogs'y,wow,with all that land,that's a heck of an undertaking,on my (2)permissions I buy a bottle of scotch(single malt) for each one,thank God I ain't got all those that you have,I'd be penniless !!..LOL
With regards to the recent " silver threepence " that the NOKTA found for me,it was down at about nine inches,on its side so a bit of an in discript signal,but well good enough to dig.
When I had the SAFARI, it was a good machine,but my problem with it was I spent to long trying to decypher pixels,and too many things going on at once,so much so that it as becoming more of a hindrance than a help.
The "CoRe" is a very light,easy to understand,and when you utilise that BIG NOCTA coil,the depth is staggering.
Good hunting!!!....... Dingdong.👍
Mogs
Rally attendee

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 06:03:26 PM »

I buy wine by the crate a lot cheaper for me to do lol,thanks for reply mate  Smiley
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 09:03:29 PM »

Hi Mogs, welcome to the madhouse Grin Grin great bunch of guys ...and GIRLS Kiss loads of knowledge and if in doubt just ask, look farward to your finds.....Spikey Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal