Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Diggers  (Read 7722 times)
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 01:24:38 PM »

Here's my 2 spades.  Now a spare, kept in the boot, the Draper Mini and it's big Brother the Wilko stainless and customised border spade,

Border spade £13,  nice swivel soft plastic handle £3.50,  Johns labour priceless   Roll Eyes

why do you prefer the wilko is it because its longer and is there much weight difference ?

Can't see the weight difference being much of an issue to you  Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
raistlain

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 06:47:14 PM »

Here's my 2 spades.  Now a spare, kept in the boot, the Draper Mini and it's big Brother the Wilko stainless and customised border spade,

Border spade £13,  nice swivel soft plastic handle £3.50,  Johns labour priceless   Roll Eyes

why do you prefer the wilko is it because its longer and is there much weight difference ?

Can't see the weight difference being much of an issue to you  Grin

Me Huh no it wudnt to me but im thinkin of me bird... cause im getting her to do the digging    ha ha ha no jus thinking a lot of hills here so dont want to be overloaded
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 08:32:11 PM »

Tell you what I find useful.  John gave me one of those hook thingies off his workbelt that he never used. It clips on your belt and I hook the spade on it when I have a ciggie. 

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
raistlain

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 11:08:30 PM »

Good idea !!! I don't smoke but when finds are few and far between it would save swinging it round and free my hand up for slippery slopes  Cheesy
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 12:02:50 AM »

Need  youre spade to help on slippery slopes to keep your feet !

wouldnt buckle it on lol
David.JJ
Rally attendee

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2015, 07:24:33 PM »

i am new as well to detecting but a friend took me out on thursday and he laughed at the spade i brought with me. it was the only one i had. great for mixing concrete but far to wide for detecting so he lent me his spare spade and it was down to B&Q today to buy one like he lent me. .
Also discovered i need to bring waterproofs with me because we were detecting in between showers on thursday in howling winds but at least i found 2 old pennies which made my day as well as rubbish.

dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2015, 08:15:34 PM »

Well done David, we all have to learn (as I still am)as to what to wear,what to wear for footwear, how many layers to wear! What detector, what type of headphones! What coil ! what pointer !and yes,what spade! I don't think that anyone when they start off in this fascinating hobby, realises what is entailed.
But the main thing is,get out there,get detecting,and even more important enjoy it,and remember, this the Detecting Wales forum is a BRILLIANT platform to gleam virtually all the information you need,all you have to do is ask,and someone will be able to offer good metal detecting advise.
Good Hunting 👍
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 05:43:37 PM by dingdong » Logged
David.JJ
Rally attendee

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2015, 08:20:46 PM »

thanks for the reply. yes theres a lot to learn and i have been reading lots of posts on here but lots of them are double dutch to me right now so its persevere but thankfuly i have a friend that is already giving me advice.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal