Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus, changing coil battery  (Read 9503 times)
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« on: November 23, 2015, 09:34:40 PM »

Has anyone changed  the coil battery on a Deus ? If so how hard was it, where did you get the battery from and how much ?
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 11:09:29 PM »

As far as I know the battery now has to now be changed by Regton XP did sell a replacement kit for around £15 and also produced a video (link below) but I have a feeling there were some worries regarding people not waterproofing it properly Huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bND5Ius163o
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 11:48:18 PM »

Thanks for that link Geoff, I can't find the kit anywhere !
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 08:07:29 AM »

Here's my recent experience in respect of sending the Deus to Regtons for a replacement battery. The service was first class.

http://www.detectingwales.com/index.php?topic=24875.0

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 12:13:39 PM »

How much did you get charged Alan ?

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 12:42:36 PM »

How much did you get charged Alan ?
I've just had a price off Regions for £76-95 which includes return postage
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 01:04:04 PM »

How Much!!!

"includes return postage" for that money I'd want it delivered by armoured car with 6 motorcycle outriders Shocked
OK I take it back about waterproofing maybe XP realised how much money they could make Huh The batteries are only around £8.50 Undecided
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 01:26:27 PM by Chef Geoff » Logged
Nigel at Regtons
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 01:56:48 PM »

No they are not Geoff, I'd love to know where you get your prices from Smiley

Firstly the kit was never £15, it was £55, the battery for information is £33, the kit that goes with that allowing it to be installed with new 'lid', glues etc brings it up to £50, we add labour £20, then £7 return carriage.

What do we do for £20 ?

Firstly we soak test your original battery to make sure it really is battery & not a charging issue
We then remove original battery & connect new battery & conduct the same test, if all OK we prepare the battery opening for silicon & then glue, 24hrs curing then re-test.

The reason XP do not sell the kits is because a few thought they could do it just like the video, it's not as easy as it appears, one person cut the old battery out and also cut off the wires to the battery, scrap coil ! a few have not followed instructions & had leaking coils, we take on those risks when we change the battery so maybe that £20 is well spent after all ?.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 02:01:27 PM by Nigel at Regtons » Logged
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 02:59:09 PM »

I'm sorry I thought the kit was £15... So are you trying to tell me that Regton pay XP around £33 for each battery and that when you sell a battery you make absolutely no profit? of course not  I can go on line now and buy the exact same XP authorised battery for £21 and even they are making a profit and I think everyone understands that a profit has to be made or none of us would be in business long but when a relatively cheap battery starts costing the same as a new smart phone or 2 microwave ovens then I'm sure you can understand the shock.
Nigel at Regtons
Rally attendee

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 04:04:01 PM »

I'm not trying to tell you anything of the sort Geoff, you made a sweeping statement that was clearly wide of the mark & very misleading so I've stated what we sell the items for.

outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 10:39:39 PM »

How often does the battery require replacing, HuhHuh
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 10:45:55 PM »

How often does the battery require replacing, HuhHuh
I've had the Deus for nearly five years and it's seen a lot of use but it's getting down to about six hours use per charge now. That isn't bad if you compare it to other machines that use ordinary batteries.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 05:12:45 AM »

Thanks for the Deus education chaps. I don't think that I will buying one any time soon!

So those guys and gals that purchased a larger coil for their machines now have two coils, each with a built in battery that will require an expensive battery change somewhere down the line?  Roll Eyes

When I say expensive, that is not a jibe at Regtons. After all, you do get some form of warranty on their reliable workmanship don't you?

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 03:04:55 PM »

Thanks for the Deus education chaps. I don't think that I will buying one any time soon!

So those guys and gals that purchased a larger coil for their machines now have two coils, each with a built in battery that will require an expensive battery change somewhere down the line?  Roll Eyes

When I say expensive, that is not a jibe at Regtons. After all, you do get some form of warranty on their reliable workmanship don't you?

Not that expensive considering what you would pay for decent batteries over 5 years of detecting, I'll wager a lot more than the cost of replacing a battery on a Deus. I guess you could factor in the electricity required to charge the Deus coil/unit/headphones as well but I still reckon it would be cheaper than replacing normal batteries over 5 years. It would be interesting to figure out the cost comparison.

XP Deus user
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 03:45:03 PM »

Very valid point.  Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal