Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused. com.....Beaches ?  (Read 4987 times)
raistlain

« on: November 23, 2015, 09:10:12 PM »

Have recently tried a bit of beach detecting  since im surrounded by them with virtually zero results. The beaches are around the Llyn Peninsula and a mix of pebble and sand beaches am I correct in thinking the places to detect are the hightide mark and the low tide mark ? any advice welcome.... diolch  Huh
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 05:07:18 AM »

High tide, dry sand, recent loses.
Low tide, wet sand, old  loses.
Mid way between 2 always a good bet. This area gets changed twice a day, every day.

If the sand is high you have less chance where ever you go. Look for low spots, pebble patches wet patches were water gets left behind. Check the depth of sand with a test dig.  You're looking for shallow layer of sand then a gritty layer then black mix. The black is where you'll find most.
A longer handle on spade for beach is useful as well(saves the back).  And long live a good pinpointer.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Cymro

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 07:24:44 AM »

I've never had all that much luck with beaches - but a friend used to make a killing on Black Rock sands 25 years ago - Greenacres caravan park is right alongside it and the public were able to drive their cars onto it so didn't have far to trek to get down to beach activities. Most people are lazy and won't make the effort to walk a long way - you can have the prettiest little beach in the world but if people have to abseil down a sheer cliff to get to it you can bet it won't be that productive. So what you're looking for is human presence (and activity)

I built a simple detector years ago to amuse my daughter and we tried it at Porth Oer - we found a few pounds straight away up near the cafe area, then some more bits and pieces around the rocks at the other end of the beach where people were sunbathing, getting changed - that sort of thing.

Think like a tourist . . .

jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

utrinque paratus , Gwell angau na Chywilydd

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 08:44:32 AM »

I've never had all that much luck with beaches - but a friend used to make a killing on Black Rock sands 25 years ago - Greenacres caravan park is right alongside it and the public were able to drive their cars onto it so didn't have far to trek to get down to beach activities. Most people are lazy and won't make the effort to walk a long way - you can have the prettiest little beach in the world but if people have to abseil down a sheer cliff to get to it you can bet it won't be that productive. So what you're looking for is human presence (and activity)

I built a simple detector years ago to amuse my daughter and we tried it at Porth Oer - we found a few pounds straight away up near the cafe area, then some more bits and pieces around the rocks at the other end of the beach where people were sunbathing, getting changed - that sort of thing.

sunbathing and getting changed , sounds to me you should have made a pair of binoculars not a detector  Cheesy Cheesy

the mighty xp Deus
raistlain

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 08:46:46 AM »

thanks val beachy and cymro it makes more sence now i will hive it another go using your advice diolch yn fawr pawb.... Smiley
raistlain

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 08:50:20 AM »

sunbathing and getting changed , sounds to me you should have made a pair of binoculars not a detector  Cheesy Cheesy

ha ha yer  Cheesy
Cymro

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 12:45:10 PM »

Some people . . .  Roll Eyes

Mind, it was funny  Grin
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 04:56:50 PM »

Many many years ago my 1st Husand and I used to go to Blackpool every Bank holiday. It was the only time we could get 2 days together.
His choice, it's where his Mom and Dad took him as a kid. And being old fashioned he used to change under a big towel. I always thought it amusing to watch as the last thing he removed were his shoes & socks. Imagine my shock when I opened 'The Mirror' centre pages a few days later and there was a photo of him truly, on one foot, towel askew, complete with his shoes & socks, on Blackpool beach.
Just one of the many daft articles they used to run to fill up the paper. His was the centre photo but there were other smaller ones.  Took him a long long time to live that one down.
Changing on the beach comes with it's own perils  Shocked Roll Eyes

Cymro

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 05:53:25 PM »

I always thought it amusing to watch as the last thing he removed were his shoes & socks.

Yabbut . . . how did he ever get his trousers off over his shoes . . .  Huh
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 06:16:43 PM »

TUT !TUT! TUT! Such a big fuss over such a little thing ! Shocked
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 07:15:17 PM »

Told you, old fashioned, wide bottom trousers.  Wink

Cymro

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 07:48:15 PM »

Told you, old fashioned, wide bottom trousers.  Wink

There you go - even with wide bottomed trouser legs you'd still more or less turn them inside out.

Coin spills galore . . .  Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 09:17:22 PM »

Grin Grin    Wink

raistlain

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 09:38:22 PM »

ha ha ha done the same thing myself often ending up falling flat on me butt and loosing the towel anyway  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal