Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not for the want of trying!!!!!!  (Read 2582 times)
vitallius (Dave)

"The only way to have a friend is to be one."

« on: June 18, 2009, 11:01:40 AM »

Hi ALL. Grin
Well as some of you know, I luv me detecting as much as any other, but unfortunately have no land or get much chance to go out so when a rally is posted I try to make it, I have had my detector a year and can count on one hand how many times, Ive been twice with D.W.C , one advertised in searcher and a day out at Barry, so I thought I need to do something about it, as seeing the finds on the forum is making me so jealous...... Wink Wink

I went on google Map picked 10 farms  that have some sort of history within a 15mile radius, compiled a letter giving a litte introduction and explanation ,you know the sort of stuff, included self addressed envelopes and a return slip to to say yes they would consider detecting on there land, or sorry we are unable to consider detecting on our land words to that effect. Well so far 7 out of the ten have replied most of them saying thank you for your polite letter however 1.We already have established detectorists on our land, 2.Sorry were tennants, land owner does not allow detecting, so on and so forth, so doesnt look good! and I am really hopeing that I might get one yes!! from the last three farms Im waiting to hear from. I have some time coming in July my wife is going for a break which also gives me a break, so I was hopeing to get out and about to do some detecting. Looking forward to meeting up again at the next rally hopefully. Best regards (Dave)  Grin Grin
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 02:14:56 PM »

Dave , i hope you get a YES off the other farms you are waiting to here from m8,i bet you are a bit naff ed at the moment , you dont get a lot of time to yourself do you because you look after your wife, you are dew some luck m8 ....hope it all gets better soon for land for you . Wink.........................GOOD LUCK  Wink
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 05:39:03 PM »

yes i hope you get at least one yes back Dave,  if not more,   at least the farmers so far were polite enough to write back hey,
 Best of Luck with it.

zorro
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 06:11:25 PM »

hey Dave once you get one farm you can "name drop" and that'll get you more hopefully
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 06:13:57 PM »

To be honest Dave , I just phone the farms , I seem to have more luck that way.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
silverhand

but it was there a minute ago

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 07:56:55 PM »

in the amount of time ive been detecting  i have had so many sorry i cant  i have grown amune to it and keep trying else where  keep at it bud youll sucseed  and it will be a ruddy good un

hammerd this year 0
hammerd last year 1

overall targets looks like i need to find more hammerd coins
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 12:20:31 AM »

Hello!! Dave Smiley I dropped a clanger this week  Undecided it was arranged for me two meet with two young ladies from a Job agency at a local factory when they arrived the one happened mention it had taken an hour to get there from gloscestershire with this I asked if they knew any farmers the one informed me her father is a farmer  Grin Ithen told them Iam a metal detectorist the one who,s father seemed very interested in the hobby Iforgot to ask if her father would be interested in giving me permission to search his farm Sad Sad but I will try to make contact with her again  Wink Wink hopefully the two of us will be searching this farm in the near future see what Ican do okay Dave  regards  :)mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 07:09:27 AM »

woe,  there a chance Dave,  well done there Mole,  best of luck in getting back in touch with her,

altinkum

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 07:22:01 AM »

hi dave sorry your having no luck. when you get a day off next pick an area and have a drive around go down any small lanes as there will be a farm somwhere along it and ask in any farms you come to. try the smaller farms as they may have been overlooked by other detectorists then when you got one you can namedrop when asking other farmers in that area. if you ask enough farmers 1 will say yes in the end.  mike

explorers, my arse
hedgehog
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 07:56:11 AM »

Keep trying Dave, it's nice that they have replied, nothing beats asking face to face though, you will get there in the end!
vitallius (Dave)

"The only way to have a friend is to be one."

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 09:35:02 AM »

Hi all, thanks for the support. your the best.... Grin  Grin

Thanks Mole that may turn out ok, fingers crossed,Millsy I live in Cirencester Glos,Just had another No, reason I wrote as limited to time to get around the farms,different era I think when I used to live in Caerwent 25 years ago, I had approx twenty farms landowners then seemed more obligieng,anyway Im still hopeful..... if I dont get a good response I will write to another 10 and keep trying. Looking forward to meeting all again at next rally Best Regards Dave Grin Grin
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 01:43:26 PM »

IF YOU FANCY A DAY OUT DAVE  GIVE ME A SHOUT I  HAVE GOT  LOADS OF LAND  ROUND HERE  AND ITS ONLY AN HOUR OS SO  TO GET HERE   IF YOUR INTERESTED  BUD  LET  ME KNOW ..........  YOUR WELCOME TO COME OUT WITH ME FOR THE DAY   Grin Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
Beefy (GARETH)

WHERES DA BEEF

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 05:07:17 PM »

don't worry mate just keep trying you never know one day it could all fall into your hands...........keep your chin up  Wink Wink
romano-brit

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 07:31:15 PM »

get land round swindon LoL ur joking aint ya?

ive been trying to get on farms ound here for the last 6 years, and no luck

theres to many big clubs here, like the WW, leasure promotions and 2 clubs in swindon

2011/2012 Finds

Roman silver: 2/0
Hammies: 7/1
Milled silver: 17/0
Gold artifacts: 1/0
Gold coins: 0/0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal