Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FLO Wales  (Read 2609 times)
jaydogg

« on: October 13, 2015, 05:29:50 PM »

Is anyone else having trouble reaching Mark Lodwick or is it just me? Have sent him over twelve emails via two different email addresses and no response. Is he even still alive? Anyone seen him lately?
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 05:46:04 PM »

Hi Jaydogg,yes I also have been having problems trying to get hold of Mark,
I have recently given up trying to contact him.
I have a (POSSIBLE) Viking ring find,it was found over 15 months ago.
I have even sent photographs to him,and I actually got ONE reply saying that his boss a Professor Redknapp would like to see it !!! Still waiting,even after more e-mails !!!
BUT !!!! in his defence,he is one guy doing a very good job BUT!! he is covering the whole of Wales,it is a rediculous situation and needs sorting out.....SOON !!

jaydogg

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 06:03:12 PM »

It's not just me then. He's usually fairly punctual but currently..... I know he's getting my (and your) emails which is the frustrating part, i even took his email from his museum staff profile to make sure i had the correct one but to no avail. I don't think Mark Redknap is a professor but an academic certainly who, like Lodwick makes personal studies of your finds (nice when your job is your hobby). As 'busy' as he may be its impolite not to acknowledge the very people who keep him in work. Hope you get your finds back soon mucker.
colin

dig everything

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 06:08:00 PM »

hi mate having same problem gave him the silver gilt tudor dresss hook as a treasure item coming up to two years now and after all this time they have disclaimed it,have asked him on numerous occasions when I can have it back and he says same thing phone me in a couple of weeks and I will find out where it is not happy with that reply,and found on dw rally shepton mallet  Angry having second thoughts about giving him my roman frog brooch which did turn out to be one of a kind
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:12:46 PM by colin » Logged
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 06:17:09 PM »

I Exchanged E.Mails with him today and although sometimes have to wait a day or two seem to have no problems the E.Mail address i use is

mark.lodwick@museumwales.ac.uk

Hope that helps....PaulB.

Greetings from the Dragon.
jaydogg

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 06:19:54 PM »

Frustrating ain't it Colin, although treasure cases can be painfully slow.  I'm not going to bother after this which is a shame as I believe in recording finds. Will probably go down the self record route if that's still an option available with the PAS.
jaydogg

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 06:21:41 PM »

Hi Paul. Thanks for that pal but I have already used that email address umpteenth times. He hates people turning up without an appointment at the museum but that's what i'm going to do now.
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 06:25:25 PM »

I am meeting him again next Tuesday morning as he is not very often in situ nowadays....
He also turns up every two months or so at GDC Club meetings for recording purposes...Hope you get it sorted PaulB.

Greetings from the Dragon.
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 06:29:44 PM »

I usually phone him and don't have a problem getting hold of him.
wagis
NWDD Member

gravity always gets me down

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 08:29:29 PM »

Was down in Cardiff earlier this year, called in the museum and asked the receptionist if Mark was about, she called him and he came down two minutes later. No problem
wet feet again

xp Deus

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 10:25:34 PM »

all you need to do is speak to your next nearest flo ask them to sign you up to self log. there are day courses  i am going to a photography day course at manchester museum 23rd oct.. look below you can see some of the finds i have logged  and had verified by vanessa oakden liverpool flo. none of the finds left my possession for a three month wakabout obviously treasure would be different.
I think all detectorists should be doing this individually or in club groups

Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 10:43:19 PM »

Mark Lodwick also attends the Cardiff Scan Club once a month to record finds.

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 09:37:31 AM »

I think Cardiff Scan Club is on tonight - I can't make it myself, as my missus keeps arranging things to do (so I'm babysitting).

As to treasure cases - I'm still waiting for the final resolution of my hoard - this December will be 3 years, although it has got through the TVC stage.

i also have another treasure case, where I handed the objects in in February, and Mark Redknap now wants them to go through treasure trove - he is busy and he is a forgetful academic (got my name wrong in a letter when I donated a viking weight to the museum), but certainly in the flesh he's a genial person - probably doesn't help you guys in the north though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal