Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Etrac v Deus  (Read 3685 times)
Jonnietaz

« on: October 06, 2015, 07:00:55 PM »

Well I have to admit I was a yes away from swopping my Etrac, weight being the issue for me, for a Deus, seen loads of videos, read almost every post on the etrac, v Deus, even after they say theres a multi frequency coil comming out,  I've even been at the beach surrounded by them, like wasps, so I tested a little spot last week, yes loads of iron, beach rubbish,which i know has been hammered by others, but with the etrac running as high as possible, I managed to winkle out an old pen knife, no blade left, rusted away, no iron null, some old pennies, and brass objects, all this at around 9-10 inches, that's sand, rocks and in clay, so this is my thought for anyone in two minds, the Deus is a great machine, but is it the master, pros and cons, this is only my thinking, but my mind is made up, etrac is staying.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 07:34:55 PM »

Well first all Deus coils are multi frequency but the machine is not and can't see how XP would change there system to FBS without changing the hardware so if they were altering the system it's probably only to a dual system like Whites...
The Deus is a lovely machine to use light, fast and the 9" coil has fantastic depth for its size, I had one didn't like it and sold it but that's just personal preference and for ploughed land or rallies you'd have to be mad not to use one but I've also had the Nokta Fors Core and for a machine that's half the price of a Deus the performance is pretty damn close.
In reality you can't compare them as they both have their pluses and minuses a bit like trying to compare a mini and a land rover but as you say, I think, the FBS machines have audio discrimination so you can run them in all metal so no discrimination and still know when its iron.
One over the other No but both definitely Yes Wink
Jonnietaz

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 08:26:03 PM »

Hi chef, I've read a few posts about FBS coils, for the Deus, that's what I ment to say,  I have all so noticed the Deus seems to like coke, again it's just my opinion, it probably also comes down to how you like to hunt, perhaps the coke thing is down to the vdi numbers on the Deus, and as you say, the audio on the etrac gives a bit more  confidence to dig, or not to dig.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 09:35:37 PM »

99.9% sure it wont be FBS as the FBS system is a slight hybrid between VLF and PI operating systems thus the larger battery capacity and drain on the Minelabs and them interfering with every other make and model, it would be more accurate to say that FBS and BBS don't see coke as all makes of VLF machines do Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 09:35:48 AM »

Seeing coke is one thing I didn't know about before I had my Deus.  It's a real pain in the neck as there is more than enough around here.  I'm sure you've also noticed that John.
I was advised to discrim' out  0 - 30 to avoid this but small thin coins can register from 29 up. (not that I have proof of this  Cry ) Also I have had big pieces of coke registering as high as 37. So I discrim' 0 - 28 with Iron volume on 0 and dig everything else.
The tones on the Deus aren't anywhere near as distinctive as on my Safari and as a result I dig more, just in case. Another thing that annoys me is how it sees Iron. Often registers it as something else. At least with the Safari I always knew what it was.

On the plus side, the weight means I can detect longer,(not long these days)  it's so easy to set up and go, it's a dream to charge and it's definitely deeper than the Safari.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Jonnietaz

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 04:45:38 PM »

Hi Val, no disputing the Deus is a great machine, fast, good in iron, and as light as a feather, my mate has one, and he works the beach very well, I would worry about salt water ingress, as I have seen a few posts with that happening, but for me, I'll stick with the etrac, the only coke I've had, has been covering another object, usally a goodie, swings and roundabouts, as they say, no such thing as the perfect detector, but a perfect detectorist is the one who learns the machine, not over a few weeks but meny hours.
LEJAG
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 12:41:08 PM »

had the opportunity to see on the beach the new drive Deus
special beach
will offer higher performance GT, or CTX Etrac
including black sand, the new system is already operational
should not delay has come out ... Smiley

but, my Goldscan 5c is ever deeper  Kiss

Detector used: Pulsepowers Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Aquamanta
Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold / Nokta golden sens

(forgive my english ...)