Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cracked "NUTS"!!!  (Read 3207 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: September 30, 2015, 07:37:20 PM »

Well,!! Normally I spend most of my detecting time on pastures and farmland fields down here in Pembrokeshire, but as my detecting buddy had just bought a new C- Scope to go detecting on some our fantastic beaches,I decided to join him.
So,we met up at our previous pre-determined venue both eager to get started,beautiful morning,tide,well on its way out,alls well.
So after wishing each other "good hunting"off we went,OK,detector on,go to programme,ground balance, and off I go.
Something isn't right,so I stop,re check everything,all seems to be OK ,but,I am getting nothing but " gobeldeguke" through the headphones,by now I am getting well and truly P****D off.
So stop,turn detector off,on,restart everything,same things are happening,by this time I had been out an hour,found nothing,but about to chuck the B****Y detector into the surf,when I decided to remove my headphones,it was then I noticed the cause of all the problems,the small retaining "nut" that keeps the female part of the  headphone jackplug had cracked and all the internal stuff in the control box was being knocked about every time the headphone cable moved,disaster!!!
No way of getting it repaired,tried to detect without phones,it was awful!! to say the least!!
So,saying an early goodbye to my buddy,I came home,(bad mood)!!!
Sent an e-mail to Craig,at CRAWFORDS MD explaining what I now required + a picture of offending NUT.
This morning an early reply,stating that a replacement was on its way!!(foc)
Just want to say,what BRILLIANT service.
Oh, by the way,that's the very first time I've been detecting and come back with NUFFIN !!!!
Moral of this story,Check that you don't have a cracked "NUT" before you go out detecting.!!!!,thanks for looking👍

* IMG_20150929_180630.jpg (101.93 KB, 640x480 - viewed 357 times.)
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 11:13:42 PM »

Yeah as you said Ding dong, you should check your nuts regularly  Roll Eyes Grin Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 07:29:13 AM »

"Got it in one Dryland,woops,sorry,better rephrase that mate,I got it in my detector nuts!!,NO!!! A!!!ang on!!replace your plastic nuts with steel ones,NO,still not right!!
Just make sure your equipment is up to scratch before you go out detecting!!
Well,you should get the idea by now!!!LOL👍
JBM

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 09:09:31 AM »

"Got it in one Dryland,woops,sorry,better rephrase that mate,I got it in my detector nuts!!,NO!!! A!!!ang on!!replace your plastic nuts with steel ones,NO,still not right!!
Just make sure your equipment is up to scratch before you go out detecting!!
Well,you should get the idea by now!!!LOL👍

Are saying, make sure that your nuts are ready for scratching prior to the off. Wink Roll Eyes Jerry.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 12:27:38 PM »

Chris, I should quit  while you're ahead.  No need to dig deeper holes than you need   Roll Eyes

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 05:55:28 PM »

But Val,it ain't me its all them other beggars!!! LOL, anyway,its all fixed now !!👍

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal