Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Broke out old faithful  (Read 1885 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: October 24, 2015, 09:54:39 AM »

Jetted down to Talacre on Friday and stopped off in Flint for provisions. With the weather not looking so good I suggested that a romantic interlude was perhaps on the horizon. With a stern eye, and a look that could turn the bravest to stone, she who must be obeyed replied............." you have more chance of winning the lottery"!   Roll Eyes

Not being too dismayed, I was pleased to hear that she didn't mind me putting in two days detecting on the beach. Based on a couple of recent   detecting sessions on the Talacre sands, I have decided to break out the Garrett EuroAce and fit the Garrett Super Sniper coil and see if I can winkle out a few finds from an area where the Safari appears to be having problems. Then on Tuesday I'm switching back to the Safari and running it over an area that appears to be free of the WWII scrap that normally gives a detectorist so much trouble down here.

Oh, and both me lottery tickets were fit only for confetti.  Cry

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Cymro

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 10:44:04 AM »

OK - the romantic interlude is a no-go, the lottery went belly-up so you deserve a break . . .

Weather's not too clever right now but it promises to get better over the next couple of days.

My SWMBO is off on half-term (no, she's not a schoolgirl . . .  Roll Eyes) so I have the use of the car for a couple of days this week. Been looking at the tides for the week and although they're huge the times don't suit me all that well, but I'm considering a session on a beach *maybe*

Good luck with your searches - may the sun shine on you and the finds be plentiful!
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 11:31:22 AM »

The BBC weather man says that tomorrow and Tuesday are going to be dry all day, and the tide tables say that  low tide tomorrow will be about 1520 hrs and Tuesday's low tide will be about 1700 hrs. That will give me plenty of time to run the EuroAce and Sniper coil over the large areas of shingle that have been giving the Safari such problems.

As for Tuesday; I'm going to chase the tide out whilst swinging the Safari over an area that promises to be relatively free of too much WWII scrap. With higher tides there will be much lower tides on Sunday and Tuesday, allowing one to detect some areas without getting the feet wet.  Wink

Pm me if you are thinking of trying Talacre and I will keep an eye open for you.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:44:17 AM by Resurgam » Logged

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal