Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad days good days  (Read 6869 times)
Richie sixpence

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 11:04:05 AM »

Very nice find Chris well done my friend  Smiley.

Hi Richie,
                Val was right, the MineLab Safari loves silver. Going back soon to rescan the area more closely with the Safari and then run the CS4PI over the same area. I may be wasting my time,
but what the hell; it's worth at least one more go.  Roll Eyes

I would say well worth it Chris good luck my friend let me know how you get on  Smiley

All the best Richie sixpence Wink

"All that glitters is not gold" but hopefully!!!
Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
And hopefully a lot of good luck
Member of, NCMD
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2015, 11:37:52 AM »

Will do Richie. Should be back at the caravan by lunch time and will report on my luck; or lack of it!  Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 09:44:09 PM »

Well, made it to the beach early this morning and trudged directly to the spot where I found the silver/amber ring, only to find that the tides had dumped ton upon ton of sand onto the spot. Umph, so much for my plan to scan the area inch by inch, whilst hugging the sand with the coil and slowing down the sweep speed.

Spent the morning meandering here there and everywhere whilst listening to the gentle background hum of the Safari, and trying to understand the instruction to ignore the numbers and listen to the sound. The recent rains have flushed mud down the Dee and some of the large shingle patches were coated in the dark sticky stuff. Watched some of the bathers and kids struggling to negotiate large patches of mud. Some of them were ankle, calf, and knee deep in the darned stuff!

In amongst the WWII scrap I managed a couple of .303 brass cartridge cases, plenty of copper shrapnel, and a single .22 rim-fire cartridge case. Interestingly, I also noticed a large expanse of beach that appeared not to be contaminated with the WWII stuff and found it very strange not to hear the Safari making sounds like a demented flute player on speed. Sadly, not a single coin to be had all morning.  Cry

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2015, 10:04:33 PM »

Never mind Chris, your intentions were good. Wink

Had the same thing happen to me last winter.  I took the dogs to the beach and thought Wow just look at the low patches, should come back and check it out.
Needless to say I didn't, not that afternoon but the next and you guessed it. We had a strong wind in the night and all the sand was back.

That muddy stuff is  foul.  There's a few patches of it at Saundersfoot and it's scary. Not that same as you described because it's there all the time. It's sort you sink in and can't get out of.

You didn't mention the rain. It chucked it down here all night and right through till mid afternoon. Were you lucky ?

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2015, 05:55:55 AM »

Rain? Well, it chucked it down all Saturday night and stopped Sunday morning; just in time for me to head to the beach. The sun was cracking the slates all morning and into the afternoon but it started raining again just as I got back to the caravan. Left for home at teatime and it rained all the way home.

Despite the disappointment on the beach, the time spent aimlessly meandering this way and that educated me as to where some scrap free areas are. That is unless the next tide throws up an other million copper shrapnel shards onto what I believe to be
a scrap free zone!  Cry

Richie sixpence

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 07:25:55 PM »

Hi Chris
Sorry to hear the finds were very thin on the ground but I dare say the sanding in did not help. Better luck next time my friend I know how determined and patient you are  Wink

All the very best Richie  Smiley

« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:28:09 PM by Richie sixpence » Logged

Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
Member of, NCMD
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2015, 07:44:36 PM »

Hi Richie,
               heading back that way later this week and hopefully have a little more success. Any chance of you getting your head off the pillow and joining me?  Roll Eyes

Richie sixpence

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2015, 08:14:41 PM »

Bank Holiday weekend could be busy Chris  Wink.

Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
Member of, NCMD
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 07:16:34 AM »

I reckon on starting early, before most have had their breakfasts, and moving away from the busier sections of beach as the tourists arrive. Will probably only put in four hours; that is unless I strike it lucky and hit on a hoard of goodies hiding in the sand.

High tide by lunch time, so there will not be a lot of room for manoeuvre on the towel line by mid-day. I think the Safari will be the machine for the day and I will be doing investigations with a view to breaking out the CS4PI before we leave Talacre and emigrate further south, to an other static caravan site, in November.

In the event that you can't make it; I will run to very flexible plans and may hit an alternative section of the coast.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal