Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: xp Deus control box playing up  (Read 14102 times)
bristolminelab
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2015, 11:56:26 AM »

no worries i will delete my account to save you doing it Huh
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2015, 11:57:04 AM »

Sorry Mike,will do!!!
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2015, 12:01:15 PM »

ye it is straying a bit  Grin......
right here we go.....as an owner of the xp Deus, I have to say its an amazing machine for what it can do, BUT the build quality is atrocious. After a few outings my arm cup came loose and one of the screws worked itself out, whenever i place the machine down to dig a hole, the resulting contact with the floor has caused the control casing to look like i ve thrown off the roof a a tall building, the recharching pins are a joke (they've buckled and twisted) and the coil cover looks like i ve smashed it constantly at jagged rocks.......ive used the machine rarely for about 10 months but it looks like its had a hard life Shocked Sad.......not impressed xp at all Angry

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2015, 04:13:15 PM »

Come on bmlb its a shame to see ya go mate👍
Chainsaw Bampy

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2015, 07:45:01 AM »

if any detector has got a bad build quality it would put me off buying it.why not just buy one that your happy with.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2015, 12:06:40 PM »

Is it a trade off for lightness ?  Its like the old Nokia mobile phone, try as you may one could not break it, the downside was its lack of finess and weight. Just look at my Samsung s5 and it would either a/ Crash or b/ crack its screen.

I think that XP has made a beautiful and light machine that is not really suitable for the rigours of detecting. Its a trade off guys heavy strong machine or light fragile machine.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2015, 05:09:41 PM »

THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT.
Well,with regard to having to decide between durability and/or lightness,I had to make that decision quite recently.
I did own a magnificent Minelab Sovereign GT,what a BRILLIANT machine in every way.....EXCEPT! It was so bloody heavy,and it was getting a worry,it was causing me quite a lot of pain and discomfort after only an hour or two,I had to make a big decision.well the first decision,COST,well I can't afford an expensive Deus!! even if I wanted one!!,so that was out!Then,out comes all the magazines etc,and one thing that kept on cropping up was the NOKTA FORS CoRe,its got good reviews on its detecting capabilities also its build quality,ease of operation,and (for me) its overall lightness(3.9lbs)including batteries and search coil,considerably lighter than my "Sovereign"
P.S..I also want to thank Chef Geoff for giving me an honest opinion on the NOKTA FORS CoRe 👍
So,I did the deed,got rid of the "SOV" sob!! sob!! And had my NOKTA delivered.
So far its exceeded all expectations,and given me some good finds,and also its so light to use,yes I've still got a lot to learn about from what I can only say
Is a brilliant robust,lightweight, machine,well done NOKTA!!👍
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:13:38 PM by dingdong » Logged
Chainsaw Bampy

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »

good post ding dong,  very informative,  i was thinking of getting another detector its nice to know of one that is a good machine,and its quite hard to find one thats  robust and lightweight too, i think i might put it top of my christmas list,  thanks ding
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2015, 06:02:02 PM »

ye it is straying a bit  Grin......
right here we go.....as an owner of the xp Deus, I have to say its an amazing machine for what it can do, BUT the build quality is atrocious. After a few outings my arm cup came loose and one of the screws worked itself out, whenever i place the machine down to dig a hole, the resulting contact with the floor has caused the control casing to look like i ve thrown off the roof a a tall building, the recharching pins are a joke (they've buckled and twisted) and the coil cover looks like i ve smashed it constantly at jagged rocks.......ive used the machine rarely for about 10 months but it looks like its had a hard life Shocked Sad.......not impressed xp at all Angry

I agree nobby, iv only been out twice with mine and the coil cover is in worse condition than my Tesoro 10x12 wide scan cover what I had for about 3 years and done a lot of work with, im very pleased with what im finding its a impressive machine, but id rather a little more weight of a decent coil cover than one like that.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2015, 11:58:01 PM »

I've got to agree with both Dale and Nobby,I've had mine less than a year and my coil cover has to be held on with tape and looks like it's had a bashing, the stem is badly scratched presumably from extending and retracting while dirty, infact it looks like it's had a hard life. I use mine for a couple of hours most nights weather permitting.
                                                     I can honestly say that I have found more with this machine than any other detector that I've owned
3 x gold rings, silver coins and objects etc etc and I can't think of any circumstances in which I would part with the Deus.

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2015, 08:22:40 AM »

What? Shocked you mean you've found hammered and Roman coins with it Huh Now that's proof of how good it really is Grin

And where have you been? Have you brought a note? Some of us have been worried about you you know....
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2015, 12:45:06 AM »

Roman.......................errrr not quite
Hammered ............       TWO  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin Grin
Pre decimal............ by the bucket full
silver joeys and shillings ..........by the truckload  Huh
And the rest I'll tell you when I see you Wink

Sick note is on it's way by smoke signal but might be a bit garbled due to the fog .

Please supply names and addresses of people worried about me, so I can forward my begging letters  Grin Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal