Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: xp Deus control box playing up  (Read 13995 times)
marknewbury1

« on: August 17, 2015, 02:24:02 PM »

went out for a few hours today control box playing up couldn't use it gotta send it back tomorrow could cost me £50 wear and tear on the buttons I've had it 11months hopefully it will be fixed in a couple of days after treated with cotton gloves

* IMG_20150817_150228.jpg (144.14 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 479 times.)
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 02:29:04 PM »

I thought  that the guarantee was for five years now ? Eleven months isn't very long for wear and tear, hope you get it back soon mate.
marknewbury1

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »

I thought  that the guarantee was for five years now ? Eleven months isn't very long for wear and tear, hope you get it back soon mate.
and me if the buttons are worn like mine are it's wear and tear and they can change the front panel and the circuitry is not damaged are using mobile phone all the time with no problems
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:54:02 PM by marknewbury1 » Logged
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 03:23:27 PM »

It looks like wear and tear aren't covered by the 5 year guarantee and it doesn't say how long it is covered the "fit for purpose" is Huh

"Spare parts are not cover by the 5 years warranty:
Parts that are subject to normal wear and tear like: headphone earpads, coil bolts and fittings,
cases etc… (These parts must be replaced in case of wear and tear, in such a way that no
damage will be caused to the device).
"

Time periods on guarantees are always contentious as it doesn't and can't take in to account usage so on a 5 year guarantee if you detect on average twice a week then that equates to over 17 months using them everyday but if like many you only detect once a month then your guarantee is only for 2 months use Huh
marknewbury1

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 05:09:53 PM »

I have to keep my fingers crossed changing the front panel and buttons will fix it and in the future I have to wear cotton gloves
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 05:23:24 PM »

I have to keep my fingers crossed changing the front panel and buttons will fix it and in the future I have to wear cotton gloves
I've had my Deus for the best part of five years, I've never worn gloves whilst using it and never had a problem with it. If I had to use cotton gloves with it , surely it is not fit for the hobby it's designed for ?
marknewbury1

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 05:36:20 PM »

I've been using it flat out for the last 11 months after each time I've used it I've cleaned and when I am using it I try not to be too heavy handed or shall I see fingers for £500 I expected better
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 06:31:34 PM »

Hummmm!!!I think that if that were me I would "politely" suggest that you were totally dissatisfied with the performance of this particular piece of "KIT", which in turn actually renders  the rest of the detector pretty useless!!and is I your opinion " not fit for purpose "
That particular brand of metal detector price wise is definatly at the top end and there for its performance/durability should be comesurate to the price.
Plus you have a very good platform from which to shout,to a very large metal detecting FORUMS audience.!!!!
marknewbury1

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 06:49:49 PM »

Hummmm!!!I think that if that were me I would "politely" suggest that you were totally dissatisfied with the performance of this particular piece of "KIT", which in turn actually renders  the rest of the detector pretty useless!!and is I your opinion " not fit for purpose "
That particular brand of metal detector price wise is definatly at the top end and there for its performance/ durability should be comesurate to the price.  Smiley
Plus you have a very good platform from which to shout,to a very large metal detecting FORUMS audience.!!!!
bristolminelab
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 07:20:24 PM »

If goods aren't fit for their normal purpose they aren't of satisfactory quality and you may have the right to return them to the seller and ask for a refund.

If something isn't fit to be used for a specific purpose agreed with the seller you may have the right to return it to the seller and claim a refund.

If you return the goods within a very short time of buying them you don't normally have to accept a repair or replacement instead of a refund, unless you want to.

If you've kept the goods for a while the law says you may have accepted the goods and have lost your right to a full refund. However, you should still have the right to get a repair or replacement.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 08:24:48 PM »

Maybe a good idea, if and when you get it sorted, to buy a cover for it. Even a small amount of fine dust could be causing the problem.

Hope you do get it sorted though Mark. As already stated it should stand up to the wear and tear of normal use even if that is 5 or 6 times a week.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
marknewbury1

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 08:52:29 PM »

I val I tried it with a cover for a week or two the cover was useless you can't press the buttons tidy it was a nuisance when its fixed I will settle the pro programs into it and keep my big fat fingers of the buttons a lesson learnt
Nigel at Regtons
Rally attendee

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 01:30:23 PM »

Before you all reach for your solicitors phone number & with all due respect have any of the posters above SEEN this particular remote control (apart from marknewbury1) ?

All of this is guesswork & trying to whip up support for Mark without having any facts before them.

My own Deus remote has a crack in the screen plastic, it's now 6 years old, I won't change it till the buttons stop working (that's just me) I don't have large nails that MIGHT be the culprit, I don't use a tool to press on the buttons which some do s their fingers are too large to accurately press them, the touchpad may be faulty, the ribbon cable may not be fitted correctly, there could be many different reasons for the touchpad failing, I would rather not guess till the item is in front of me & I can then make a full and professional judgement, if it's warranty it's warranty if it isn't then it isn't, nothing to do with unfit for use, it's a whole lot easier than that, it's either manufacturing defect or self induced.

Mark, when Craig in repairs see's it he will know either way & if unsure will always put through as Warranty & do whatever needs to be done for you, no problem. 
marknewbury1

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 01:51:21 PM »

I NigelI wasn't having a dig I was just panicking I've sent the box off today it is a lot of wear and tear on it that's why I was panicking like I said that one of the posts I did look after it I have been using it twice a week for 11months fingers crossedall the best Mark oh by the way my nails are always short thanks Mark
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 01:55:50 PM by marknewbury1 » Logged
b.buoy
NWDD Member

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 01:54:43 PM »

Hi Nigel
Pm sent
Bill

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal