Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi All Im New To Metal Detecting And Heres My Finds  (Read 5339 times)
sladey1985
Rally attendee

« on: July 29, 2015, 10:01:29 AM »

hi i went out today and found all this stuff can someone shed some light on what i got  Smiley

the coin is very worn but i can see "i think" a stylish F at the top half and what looks like a j on the bottom half
UPDATE there seems to be a 7 on the back
and the print is pushed into the coin rather than the newer raised print coin

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:02:36 AM by sladey1985 » Logged
sladey1985
Rally attendee

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:03:21 AM »

anyone got any ideas with the coin :-)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 05:17:25 PM »

Hi Sladey1985,firstly a very warm welcome to the Detecting Wales forum,it really is a great forum,full of very useful tips and information.
And a great bunch of people, if perhaps sometimes a little "crazy" but good fun nevertheless.
To help with identification,if you place a ruler or the like against the object to be photographed it gives the viewer a better idea on the dimensions.
With regard to your "coin" it could be a token,sorry I can't help you more on this one,but I am sure that someone more qualified may be able to help.
Congratulations on your first post,and may you find all you go in search of.👍
congerman
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 05:30:30 PM »

welcome to the forum  Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 07:41:19 PM »

Welcome to the Forum Sladey. As already said good bunch with lots of experience and always ready to help.

Some idea of size is often essential in identifying finds.  Your chopped coin has a look of a love token gone sadly wrong. The engraving may have been the lovers initials.
The small round thingy further down could have been a farm token and the one at the bottom looks a bit like the last sponge cake I tried to make.

Sorry I couldn't more helpful. Maybe some other ideas will surface.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
sladey1985
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 02:07:20 AM »

thanks all i hope im at this for a few years to come if digging up lead dont kill me first lol

ive been digging in st fagans in cardiff at the "battle of st fagans" site and theres loads of signals but also alot of rubbish chunks of lead

but i found this today i didnt have a ruler to measure so used a lighter to give you a guide on the size

what do you all think it could be

also found this i didnt bring it home as it was quite heavy but i took a few pics for you all to take a look at

thanks all im probably going to do your heads in over the next few months with my finds but i got to ask you all as i havent got a clue what im digging up

but fingers crossed i find something super rare and ill buy a nice mansion and your all welcome to help me dig up the grounds  Wink

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 08:11:08 AM »

Now those  are more recognisable. I've had a few myself  Roll Eyes

The first one looks like a section of wheel rim and the second is definitely the business part of a plough. Digging and learning, that's what it's all about.

Happy Hunting.

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 08:43:43 AM »

Nice to see the Wenvoe transmitter in the back ground - I can usually see it from where I detect Smiley
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 10:02:23 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Nice bit a land,very nice indeed
Keep on searchin !!!!!👍
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:05:03 AM by dingdong » Logged
sladey1985
Rally attendee

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 12:08:38 PM »

thanks all i thought it was a part to a plow but i thought id check  Smiley

i got a question for you all i got a makro racer metal detector and its always making noises is this normal as i only want it to make noise when it finds something but at the mo its making noises when i sweep it over the floor

probono we should meet up and go scan somewhere do you know any good spots around these ways to go  Smiley
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 01:35:05 PM »

By  'floor'  do you mean in the house ?  all detectors will make a noise in the house because of the wiring in the walls and copper pipes running through/under  the floor.

If you mean in the field then I can't help, sorry, never used one but there are one or two on here that do.

sladey1985
Rally attendee

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 02:19:00 PM »

Yea it goes nuts in the house but it's doing it in fields when it do find something it give off a strong beep but when your sweeping it in a area with nothing in it makes a clicking noise it's prob normal but it's annoying when you have headphones on it might be I have the wrong settings on I'll have to do some test holes and play with the settings see what I can work out with it :-)
matt1978
Rally attendee

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 03:40:37 PM »

Is that the boards field that runs along  side St fagans If so I did 2 weeks field walking on there with the museum found lots of flint tools and arrow heads and so on how did you get permission on there if you don't mind me asking ?
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 05:22:02 PM »

Assuming that you've ground balanced then I would say try turning down the sensitivity...on the Racer as it is on the Nokta machines the Sensitivity only works up to around 70 after which it becomes an audio gain only boosting the faint signals but this will also boost those phantom mineral signals too so try running no higher than 40 or 50 and see how you get on Wink
sladey1985
Rally attendee

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 06:59:31 PM »

yay i turned the gain down to 50 and its much better now thanks geoff

and matt im glad you said that as i just turned up and started digging away i didnt know you needed to ask permission to do it i just read up the laws on it im glad you said now before i got in trouble but its like i havent been there as i put everything back in the hole as it was when i found it but ill have to keep it in mind where im digging cheers m8

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal