Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't make head nor tail of it!  (Read 2815 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: July 28, 2015, 12:09:45 PM »

This little object popped up at the weekend. I was about 10" deep in wet sand and came out looking jet-black with no signs of any copper oxides. Thinking initially that it was just an other bit of shrapnel I placed it in my find bag with the other WWII scrap of the day

Dusting off the sand from the weekends I finds, I noticed some strange patterning on the object. I got to thinking that the patterning was perhaps depicting tresses of hair or folds in cloth. The wife has suggested that it may be a bit off a furniture drop handle but I was thinking that it may be bit knocked off a small bronze statuette but stand to be corrected.

I have attempted to photograph the object to show the patterning but am away from home and working with limited equipment. The coin in the picture is a new five pence piece.

Any ideas? Or suggestions?

* Bit o' what.jpg (86.16 KB, 348x501 - viewed 979 times.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:15:21 PM by Resurgam » Logged

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 06:03:43 PM »

Hi Chris, hmmm!! It's a bit of a teaser to say the least,I can see what you mean by "hair/cloth appearance!! But those shapes could have been caused by the extreme heat created when exposed as shrapnel!!... Possibly!!!
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 11:52:26 PM »

Hi Chris,
                 you are probably correct but I will try and see what the metal is when I get back home. It is unresponsive to a magnet and it has a slight look of bronze where a little of the grime has been removed. I may give the area where I found it a quick scan on Thursday.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 05:50:35 PM »

Hi Chris, wishing you good fortune when next you go in search for the rest of the "STATUE".........Chris.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 07:08:56 PM »

I'm a sucker for punishment; going to give it an other go tomorrow and see if I can find anything interesting in the same location that I found that little object. I'm also going to give the area where I found the half cigarette case a good going over. I don't think I will bother with the area where I found the top half of a Samsung mobile phone!  I wonder if there is an other detectorist with half a mobile and half a cigarette case in his scrap bucket?

Also going to chase up a possible permission before I hit the beach and follow the tide out.

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 08:01:12 PM »

Put in five hours this afternoon but didn't find much more than 3p in decimal, a George V penny, and a load of WWII scrap. Going to have to find a cleaner beach to detect for a while.

Perhaps going to try Rhyl next month but don't like the parking charges. Having said that; they have put parking machines in at Talacre now.  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal