Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coils for the MineLab Safari  (Read 8064 times)
david995

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 05:33:10 PM »

val,  its the soil that's heavily minerized in parts here ( n wales ) red soil means bad news for detectorists not bothered about  foil etc we all get that of course

anyway i have ordered a nel sharpshooter plus an ultimate coil today,  will do some testing the  ultimate against the sef 15"  i have 2 x explorers se   so can do some comparisons very easily

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 06:35:24 PM »

I knew that David.  I've got some fields that were used for iron making in the past.  Great big patches of red showed up in the soil when the new owner  ploughed for the first time.  It's a nightmare but get your settings right and the NEL wont let you down.  On the Safari it picked it's way through the junk and came up with some interesting finds.
Only mentioned foil etc because I thought you'd mentioned the beach.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
walsamra
NWDD Member

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 09:17:59 PM »

I have a n ultimate and a nell sharpshooter I leove them both but I prefer the Ultimate coil it is lighter and easier to swing, be prepared for the challenges of pinpointing. I still struggle at times.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2015, 04:59:51 PM »

I eventually chose the Detech 13" ultimate coil to augment the stock coil that came with the Safari and also added a Nel Snake coil to my armoury of detecting gear. I have already tried the Snake on some verry trashy beach areas and was more than pleased with it's performance. Sadly, the wife is keeping the Ultimate coil under wraps till Christmas day.  Sad

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Cymro

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2015, 05:18:52 PM »

That's OK - if we're to believe AOL's weather forecast we're going to be up to our necks in snow for weeks.

Not that I believe a word that AOL spouts, of course  Roll Eyes
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2015, 06:56:26 PM »

I must confess that I have never detected in snowing conditions. I once detected on a Welsh hillside with Chris (Dungbeetle) and we lost site of each other due to thick mist n fog and last year I kicked off detecting at the crack of dawn to make the best of the day, only to find that frost was forming on the coil as I swung it. I also did the beach one day last year and finished up like a sand blasted drowned rat. I think that Chris and lads were also out that same day mud-wrestling!

The wife thinks I'm mad!  Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2015, 07:05:25 PM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Undecided Undecided Undecided Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2015, 09:26:46 PM »

Hmmm  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal