Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric fences!!  (Read 3788 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: July 23, 2015, 08:10:08 PM »

Hi to all,I was out detecting yesterday on some land that I had detected on previously,and never had the problem of interference off the electric fences that I had yesterday!! and yes,the fences were switched on on previous visits.
So,please can anyone explain perhaps why this phenomena occurred, it absolutely ruined what could have been a great day.
The detector I am using is a NOKTA FORS CoRe on the factory preset 13,without any alterations.
I have used this same programming on the same field asi previously said,without any problems, whatsoever.
So can anyone out there suggest anything to elieviate this problem,I would be very,very grateful, thanks for looking.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 08:32:43 PM »

Yes....turn them off Grin If you have detected the same area before without issue then you've just been lucky as ALL metal detectors will react to them as they give off an electrical pulse in the exact same way as a detector's coil, there are things that can add to the interference such as the moisture of the soil, being inside the circuit rather than outside, the power of the fence and the configuration of the "live" fields with the fence.
All of us have to put up with them from time to time but I'm afraid other than turning them off we have to grin and bear it Undecided
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 08:45:36 PM »

Many thanks for that Chef,I thought that I was doing something wrong.(not uncommon these days with me !!!)
You were certainly right on your recommendation and comments regarding the FORS CoRe,I absolutely love it,BIG thanks for that.👍
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 09:51:34 PM »

You've probably picked up on the fact that I own a field.  So where's the first place I test a new machine ? right, my field.
I had a horse in there till fairly recently and that involved electric fencing. The only trouble I had with it was when I accidently touched it myself.  I  also have National Grid overhead power lines running over the top.  I never had a problem with them either till I bought the Deus.
Viking, Whites and Safari all performed well but the Deus hated every minute. It crackled and whistled it's way round. It was so bad I thought there was something wrong with it till some one told me it was O.K. It doesn't even like the lower voltage house supply lines.
The only time I remember having trouble with the Safari was on a cold misty day when I walked under some power lines and near to a pylon. It didn't like that much.
Something you get used to. As soon as you get chattering just look around you. There's bound to be some wires somewhere.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
wittsy1

Where am I?

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 02:31:54 AM »

Some of the land I detect on has the metal monsters going through, sometimes I don't have a problem, other times the machine is bouncing all over the place. Does your head in sometimes.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 08:06:20 AM »

Wittsy, are there 2 lines of metal monsters ?   did you know the power is switched from one line to the others, can't remember if it's weekly or fortnightly.
Seems they started doing it when the power station shut down to stop deteriation if they only used the same one all the time.
You can usually tell which one's carrying the power from the EMF field.

wagis
NWDD Member

gravity always gets me down

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 08:45:28 AM »

Why not ask them to turn off the national grid for a few hours while your detecting I am sure they wouldn't mind lol
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 10:31:57 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 02:31:49 PM »

We have a couple of farms with pylons over them  if the weather is calm they are doable but if it's windy they are a nightmare. As for electric fences keep clear or if you are using a Deus try altering the frequency a little ,that normally works.
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 04:20:36 PM »

AH yes,....WAGGIS!!!!!
Why would you go to all that bother when you simply,find the "switch gear"
Turn it off!!
Not forgetting to turn it back on prior to leaving!!....SIMPLES!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:32:59 PM by dingdong » Logged
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 04:24:13 PM »

Got it now Dungbeetle.  Wink  Drop down to a lower setting and it's not too bad.

wagis
NWDD Member

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 06:55:36 PM »

By a lower setting I thought he meant go down on your knees while your swinging it (your detector that is,  for you lot with a dirty mind) lol
nonker10

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 10:33:11 PM »

20 metres fron the electric fence and i find no problems (gold max power) if your in a small feild forget it.
b.buoy
NWDD Member

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2015, 09:47:27 AM »

Wagis quoteS

Why not ask them to turn off the national grid for a few hours while your detecting I am sure they wouldn't mind lol 

[/quote]
I turned off all the power lines once. I didn't mean, to but I had to do an "outfield" landing when I ran out of lift in my glider and couldn't get back to base.
Coming in low to a small field with high trees around the boundary,  I didn't notice the power cables to a local farm and clipped them.
I didn't know what I had done until I had landed and the farmer came dashing over the field with a handheld fire extinguisher would you believe.
He had seen my low approach and then a flash and everything electrical went off. It had also tripped the main grid for the area. Luckily the club insurance took care of the bill for the power cut but I never quite lived down the shame.
The farmer expected to find me incinerated but I just wasn't aware anything had happened apart from damage on my tail fin. Cry
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:50:45 AM by b.buoy » Logged
wagis
NWDD Member

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 09:24:24 PM »

Hey b. Buoy I hope you asked the farmer for permission to detect on his fields whilst you were there

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal