Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: beach detecting  (Read 2977 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: June 17, 2009, 02:38:03 PM »

as one who still as not done any beach detecting,iv seen this so now it makes me wonder if i can for free Huh Huh Roll Eyes
http://www.nelincs.gov.uk/AtoZ/atozDetail?ID=7217
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 02:44:30 PM »

Kev , some man made beaches are council owned , and as such the right to detect on them are not applicable. Just the councils way of creaming more money. Most beaches are not owned by anyone .

On saying that Some beaches are falling into National Heritage Territory and as such Detecting is not allowed. Parts of Rhosilli - Llangennith fall under National Heritage.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 03:46:54 PM »

wow, yeah i heard last year that some councils are wanting to bring out detecting permits for the beaches, the sods lol,  thats a new one for each beach you intend to go on as well i heard.
what about other  public pursuits,  will they soon start charging to play ball. or go swimming or build sandcastles i wonder,

altinkum

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 03:51:50 PM »

there was talk of a £20 permit for some beaches. i hope no one asks me for my permit when i'm on the beaches detecting as a **** off might offend them

explorers, my arse
zorro
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 03:56:40 PM »

where will it stop? whats the difference between someone digging whilst looking for coins to someone digging looking for lug worm, ragworm etc. or some kid digging to make a sand castle?
i should charge the council for all the rubbish i've taken off the beaches over the years.
simon c

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 05:21:41 PM »

The £20 permit idea was for the Crown Estates beaches,which they seem to have now scraped,the councils only manage the beaches for the Crown Estate so seems a bit funny they can charge for a licence,i did here of i think it was Leicester CC who had a license for council land but that was inland,If you were detecting that beach regular then £15 a year's not bad if you get to keep all the finds,Something i have wondered about is,years ago if you found any lost modern valuables you had to hand them in at the nearest police station, then if they were unclaimed after a certain period they were returned to the finder is that still the case ?
jonny

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 06:20:30 PM »

Another licence, you will soon need one to be able to live, hang on though,  dont we already have one, must remember to renew It, although earth 24 says why bother. Seriously though isnt there something about anything below the high water mark, being open ground, I know in my wildfowling days this was the rule.

Jonny    Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 08:19:44 AM »

Its the "Mean High Water Mark" your thinking of. Finds above that point came under the land Treasure Trove rules, below they came under the Receiver of Wrecks which could be worse than the normal Treasure Trove rigmarole. Same grief but takes longer !

I'm dead against the £20 charge as I cover lots of beaches over a year and even if you live inland then there's the odd trip to the seaside. Does anyone want to have to search out the council office that issues the licence when on a day trip and what happens on a Sunday ?
Then there's the "only use a handtrowel and not dig deeper than 4 inches" clause.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 08:46:02 AM »

With all these new rules and regulations you,ll need a philadelphia lawyer  Angry Angry why can,nt the authorities let the common enjoy what is a peaceful interesting and sometimes rewarding hobby  Huh Huh would,nt the money their spending on laws that affect us and other hobbyists be better spend on catching drug dealers rapists and other undesirables including crooked politicians the ones  who are responsible for making these stupid decisions in the beginning what a bunch of arseholes  Angry >:(mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal