Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Talacre Silver today  (Read 12548 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 07:21:37 PM »

We had  ONE  heavy shower this morning and,  yes you guessed,   I was out in it with the dogs.   Got home and had to rub the dogs down and hang my fleece on the line.

Not sure exactly where you will be Chris but the Forecast for Aberystwyth is still fine all day Sat. with light winds.  Happy hunting.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2015, 03:23:52 PM »

BBC weather man and bloody Welsh pantomime weather............It's going to be fine all day Saturday, oh no it isn't, oh yes it is. It's going to be wet for several hours in the morning, oh no it isn't, oh yes it is!

Being back at the van for a few days, I have manage to get a wife permit to go with my beach permit and intend revisiting the area where a few bits of silver have turned up since upgrading to the Safari. Keeping a close eye on the weather predictions for the week end I have changed my plans several times. Just had a quick peep at the BBC forecast and they say tomorrow will be fine all day.

Well; I is going out first thing in the morning, come hell or rainwater! Let's see what Talacre will release from the sands tomorrow.  Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2015, 04:09:59 PM »

Hey Chris, all the very best for tomorrow, go and get that silver,its out there somewhere!!!👍
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2015, 04:20:15 PM »

I can never understand how the BBC and the Met.Office sites differ so much.  I thought they used Met.Office data but they don't even agree on tide times.
AND  have you noticed there's often a difference in forecasts between BBC2  and BBC1. 

But whatever they say it's always something different anyway. 

Cymro

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2015, 06:15:04 PM »

I'm an AOL user (for my sins) and their weather forecasts are always a full 180 degrees away from what actually happens.

They forecast the kind of snow that would bring Siberia to a standstill in February, apocalyptic rainstorms a bit later and baking heat for July.

They even make the Met Office look good  Shocked
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2015, 06:00:24 PM »

Well, it looks like the BBC got it right to-day and Mr Sunshine smiled upon me all morning, but not so Lady Luck! I tried to listen diligently to what the Safari was singing in all metals, cross saved from conductive, sensitivity on manual at 20, and the coil hugging the sand as I slowly swung it from side to side for six hours.

The best I could manage was £1.0 decimal, 20p decimal, 5p decimal, and a very small brass button. I did of course get some projectiles and copper shrapnel. Ignoring the numbers indicated and listening to the low grunt of the audio, I tended to turn up 5p sized pieces of copper shrapnel and slowly began to imagine the same machine responses on pasture and realised that it was probably time for me to give Talacre a rest and get back onto pasture to see how the Safari performs now that I have gotten used to it a wee bit.

Talacre is finally doin me ed in!  Roll Eyes

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2015, 06:57:20 PM »

You can't say you didn't try Chris.  6 hours OMG  and I'm depressed.  I've said it before and I'll say it again (on record) I'm never going to those fields again.  No matter how much I try and convince myself there's something there I just can't find it.

3 and a bit hours day before yesterday and I came home with ONE piece of lead. Think I can say they've done me 'ed in.

Talking of £1 coins.  Have you noticed that some of the newer 'smart' parking machines spit the beach finds out. I reckon it's because they loose weight from being rolled around the beach.  Don't seem to have the same problem with field finds.

dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2015, 07:20:37 PM »

Hey Val,you must be finding all the "duds" Tenby South just loves all the beach £s.
You must be finding all the "duds" Grin Grin Grin ; Grin Grin👍
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2015, 07:31:16 PM »

Well Chris, I must admit that I had far more success on Tera Firma than I ever did on" de playa de arena."
I found that the SAFARI was far more responsive and accurate on pastures.
The SAFARI is a great machine,but for me a bit too complicated and too b****y heavy,so much so it started to detract from my original idea of having enjoyment,but that's just me.
Very good luck for the future pasture detecting.👍

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2015, 07:37:20 PM »

That was my first thought Chris...............Val has been trying to use dud coins in the parking meters. Sometimes a bit of spit rubbed on the coin and the machine will accept it. As for Talacre, I think I will put it on the back burner for a while and try elsewhere.

Interestingly, I moved back onto an area that I had searched earlier this morning and the Safari started playing up. I first thought that the machine was getting tired; I knew that I was! I then realised that I hadn't presses the noise cancel button as I changed back to the area.  Roll Eyes

dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2015, 08:37:55 PM »

Never mind Chris, I was out the other day and I was getting all sorts of wierd noises,stopped,checked connections and discovered that the retaining nut that holds the pin plug into the control box was undone!!
Tightened it up.hey presto a propper working detector!!!!
We live and learn!!👍😟
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2015, 09:30:20 PM »

Grin Grin Grin  had to smile at the advice on £ coins and meters.  I'll have to carry a bit of play dow around with me.  Makes us all sound like a bunch of crooks   Roll Eyes

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2015, 07:46:47 AM »

Val, as I understand it, there are millions of counterfeit £1 coins in circulation. Even discounting coins found whilst detecting, we often find that slot machines kick coins out again. If all pound coins were checked before being accepted the countries shops would come to a standstill. I once worked for a major chemical company and became involved in producing some schematics for training purposes but the drawing office wouldn't let us do the work because we were not trained or qualified, so an outside team of artistic young people were brought in. Under our direction they completed the job as required and then moved on. The last I heard, they were arrested for counterfeiting paper money to be passed off in change machines at seaside arcades!  Roll Eyes

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2015, 07:52:46 AM »

Never mind Chris, I was out the other day and I was getting all sorts of wierd noises,stopped,checked connections and discovered that the retaining nut that holds the pin plug into the control box was undone!!
Tightened it up.hey presto a propper working detector!!!!
We live and learn!!👍😟

Never thought of that Chris! I once had the same problem with my EuroAce and with frequently changing coils I had got a little bit of "grit" in the socket. I will double check the connection today. I will also put a bit of rubbing stuff on me back and fine tune me braces!  Wink.

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2015, 08:12:47 AM »

The other thing to remember Chris is the sand getting between the coil cover and the coil. It's amazing how much gets in.

I seem to remember Geoff talking about it ages ago. He explained how the crystalline structure of the sand interfered with the signals from the coil.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal