Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Talacre Silver today  (Read 12560 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 12:20:30 PM »

Gave it a second go this morning and nabbed seven coins and of all things.........a completes cigarette case that looks to be in worse condition than the half case that I found on Saturday.
Will post some pics later in the week once we get home and I can do a little cleaning of my weekend's finds.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 01:25:19 PM »

Good old Chris.  Bet you got a bit wet though.  Looking forward to seeing the whole one.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 05:27:58 PM »

Well ventured Chris,looking forward to seeing the photographs
Seems like they all gave up the fags and chucked away their fag cases!!LOL👍
Richie sixpence

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 08:39:28 AM »

Well done Chris I will look forward to seeing the photo's. Old coins or modern?  Smiley

All the best Richie sixpence Wink

"All that glitters is not gold" but hopefully!!!
Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
And hopefully a lot of good luck
Member of, NCMD
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 06:42:30 PM »

Here ya go folks,
                            ok, the items don't constitute a king's ransom but  more clues in the Talacre jigsaw puzzle. The cartridge case is rather unusual for Talacre; it appears to have been made of overlapping layers of thin copper
with a brass head but no date or calibre stamped on the head. I suspect that the markings on the rim of the percussion cap may be the war department arrow?

I did, of course, dig a whole load of WWII scrap that was disguising it's self as good targets and fooled both the Safari and my self!  Roll Eyes

* Two mornings at Talacre.jpg (86.28 KB, 373x351 - viewed 506 times.)

* Copper cartridge case.jpg (158.19 KB, 519x362 - viewed 811 times.)

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Richie sixpence

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 08:57:36 AM »

Strange cartridge case Chris looks like a lot of the info off the base as worn away over the years. Well done on the finds my friend  Smiley.

Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
Member of, NCMD
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 02:24:45 PM »

Hi Richie,
                the nearest guess at present is a 1870s .450/577 Martin Henry Round but the jury is still out on that one. I'm waiting for "RRPG" to get back to me. Of course I got plenty of WWII scrap at the same time. I'm hoping to get back onto the same area this coming Sunday to see If I can get a cigarette lighter to go with those two cigarette cases!  Grin

I'm going to try and improve my discipline and stick to three smallish areas this coming Sunday; rather than meandering all over the place.  Wink

Richie sixpence

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 04:03:03 PM »

Seems like a plan Chris good luck my friend  Smiley Wink

Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
Member of, NCMD
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 07:19:29 PM »

Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men!?  Grin

Staying away from the low water line and chasing up three interesting spots.  Wink

dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 07:38:42 PM »

Hi Chris, good selection of finds!!well searched👍
That cartridge case,wondering if it could be one of those as used to start aircraft engines,probably not but just an idea,keep up the good work DD👍
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 05:40:07 AM »

Hmm; engine starter never crossed my mind but I think it would be too small for that duty.

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 06:00:16 AM »

Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men!?  Grin

Staying away from the low water line and chasing up three interesting spots.  Wink

Oops, quick change of plan; the weather man says it's going to rain all day on Sunday. 

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 09:00:35 AM »

Yes but only till lunch time.   Have you seen the forecast for Friday.  Get the canoe  and oil skins ready, looks like we'll need them.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 05:02:45 PM »

No surprise there Val,after all it is Summer!! and even more,well it is We(s)t Wales !!!!☔💧⚡☁🌀☔☔☔☔☔☔ang on!! It's stopped raining!!!!YES it's now SNOWING !!!!ho,ho,ho.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OILSKINS!!!OILSKINS!!!OILSKINS!!... DONT TELL ME YOU STILL
    GOT OILSKINS, we've moved on a bit since then Val.
    OILSKINS WAS NOT NICE.  LOL👍
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 07:16:13 PM by dingdong » Logged
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 06:57:25 PM »

Ah ha, the BBC weather man says it's going to be fine and dry all day on Saturday; unless he has changed his mind since I last looked.

A year or two ago, I was down on the beach chatting to a detectorist when the weather started to look very threatening. Not having my detector with me and being dressed only in my summer togs; I made my apologies and started to leave at the first sign of a few raindrops. Before I reached the dunes, the heavens started to open and it commenced a downpour. I reached the shelter of some trees too late and was soaked to the skin!

Strangely, when I arrived at our caravan looking rather like a drowned rat, my wife thought that it was rather funny.  Shocked

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal