Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: batteries!!  (Read 4443 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: June 12, 2015, 08:39:08 PM »

Hi everyone,I own a Sovereign GT,which I dote on very much,but I have a question regarding batteries and power.
Recently,while detecting on pastures the detector seems to go into "crazy" mode,it seems to become very unstable after about an hour or so.
I always start a detection jaunt with fully charged batteries, "panasonicAA"
I inherited the NiMH battery,so I don't know how many time it has been charged and re-charged
With regards to the panasonicAA's are they capable of giving sufficient power for (how long)
Which batteries do you recommend, what rechargeable's are best?
Or should I buy a new Minelab rechargeable battery + new charger
A bit a help needed....PLEASE,...Thanks for looking👍
marknewbury1

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 09:02:00 PM »

Hi ding go for Bette rechargeable batteries such as energizer2300 or 2500 I use them in the Safari last for hours
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 09:16:11 PM »

Duracell, Varta or Energizer are always going to be a safer bet than Panasonic so in a way your asking for trouble but the GT has an audible low battery alert which should sound before the batteries start acting strange, your disposable AA's will always have more initial power than the rechargeable pack but cheap AA's probably don't have a large mAh meaning they don't last. The price of a new Minelab rechargeable pod is criminal for what it is so I would advise buying some decent rechargeable NiMH such as the Sanyo Eneloop and a good charger. Wink
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 09:28:23 PM »

I used energiser rechargeable batteries in both the Safari and the TDK headphones and they lasted ages before needing to be
recharged. I bought them in Pounland £1 for 2 batteries.

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 10:33:32 PM »

At last, the Master agrees with me.  Roll Eyes  I've been preaching the Eneloop gospel for ages.  They are re-charable up to 1500 times and when fully charged they last for ages. 

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 09:42:05 AM »

I don't think I've ever disagreed with you about them Val but if I have it would of been on price as if you use the black pro version with a higher mAh (which is what you need for a full 8-10 hours detecting) they only have a 500 recycle life but are amazing for their ability to hold a charge over time and I use them in my photographic gear.
For detecting though I use "Extreme" batteries which have a higher 2900 mAH and recycle life of 1000, they also only cost £12 for 8 compared to £21 for the Eneloop. So if your only doing 4 hours once a week you need Eneloop but if detecting two full days a week then you need Extreme Wink
Cymro

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 09:57:45 AM »

I'm using 2.4Ah Duracell rechargeables in the DFX - I can easily get a good couple of days out if them  but I tend to put them on charge whenever I've used the machine. You wouldn't have wanted to do that a few years ago but the newer batteries don't have hysteresis.

Very pleased with mine, got them off the Bay, #360870037434

dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 05:57:29 PM »

Thank you all for your inputs,I will be getting the "Sanyo Eneloop's"+ a decent charger 👍

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal