Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safari so good  (Read 991 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: June 08, 2015, 07:54:01 PM »

Put in three hours on one of my remaining permissions on Saturday and gave R2D2 the opportunity to show me what it can do, given the patience to listen to it's chatter. Unfortunately, the field that I had intended detecting was over knee deep in grass waiting to be cut for hay. Not to be defeated, I moved into three paddocks that I had previously worked with the EuroAce/Nel Tornado combination and spent three hours sweeping low and slow, in the most beautiful detecting weather.

Patience and determination produced one Elizabeth !! two shilling piece, one Elizabeth II ship halfpenny, one George VI ship halfpenny, a broken piece of harness buckle, several pieces of scrap lead, and an eight inch piece of copper half inch strip. Only a couple of rusty iron lumps managed to fool us into thinking that they were decent targets to be investigated!

Heading back to the beach tomorrow, to see if we can continue to sniff out some coins. Strangely enough, I seem to have less problems understanding the Safari whilst beach detecting and good old R2D2 manages to seek out coins from areas where I have previously detected with the EuroAce and the C-Scope CS4PI.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Cymro

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 08:03:21 PM »

Good work - they're obviously a modern paddocks? Still, they must have been worked in the more distant past too so there may be more to find once you've cleared the modern dross away!

I got a cracking signal the other day, a nice loud hit on the audio, good numbers on the display, a neat stack on the Signagraph and a coin icon, but when I got it out it was a plough share . . . Doesn't happen very often but infuriating when it does  Angry

We're thinking of hitting the beach at Conwy Morfa on Weds if everything else goes to plan - not a very big tide but what the heck . . .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal