Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: best detector for ?  (Read 1552 times)
sodbuster
« on: June 16, 2009, 05:23:57 PM »

Does anyone have an opinion on which detector is best on different types of land .
                      I use my Whites m6 on the beach which I find to be excellent.
Which machine is best for pasture / ploughed/and iron contaminated ? 
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 06:20:04 PM »

WELL I USE THE GARRETT ACE 250  AND HAVE NO PROBS WHATSOEVER IN ANY ENVIRONMENT   YES  IT WILL STILL PICK UP BIG LUMPS OF IRON  BUT I DONT MIND THAT  AS I WOULDENT MIND A FEW MORE AXE HEADS  Grin Grin   I WOULD RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
hedgehog
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 07:26:50 PM »

Hi Alan , I am going to give a boring answer. Different machines give different results on each site, I have been reasonably successful on anything but the beach (never had a beach machine).
It always takes a few months when I have a different detector to start making the finds that I want to make but when I feel I have got to know what the machine is capable of then the finds start to come in any situation.
The best machine for the sites you mention is the one I have and use at the moment, Just adjust my sweep speed or the detector as the environment allows.
viking

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:00:39 PM »

with the minelab i dig every thing u never now what could be there u got an idea . but as kas dos kev posted with the saxon sword the other day u never now?HuhHuhHuhHuh??
detectordave

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 05:44:57 AM »

Hi alan i think that if any one machine was the best for all sites then they would be the only maker as detectorists would only buy that machine,if i remember correctly uk brian has about 14 machines all give him a differrent option on sites hence his finds.All machines have there own drawbacks.

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal