Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: E trac possible swop for Deus  (Read 4787 times)
Jonnietaz

« on: June 01, 2015, 05:26:29 PM »

Hi all, I am thinking of swoping my three month old e trac for a Deus with remote, shoulder and elbow are giving me hell, don't want to stop this great hobby, tried using left hand, but the etrac is too heavy, if youve bought a Deus, and are having trouble with it, and your  interested give me a message.
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 06:10:05 PM »

Hey Jon what's this,you wanting to sell the E-TRAK !!...can't believe it !!
Is the elbow that bad ?that's a BL***Y shame after all you went through to get it.
Are you sure that a DEUCE is the answer,after all,not all the reviews are good!!
Yes I know its your decision,but I think its a great shame.
Ah well,hope you are feeling better,take care,
Regards.   Chris
Jonnietaz

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 07:03:02 PM »

Hi chris, seriously thinking about it, it's a hobby to enjoy, but not if it's giving you so much pain, see what happens, otherwise I'll have to lay up for a few months to see if things improve.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 07:25:52 PM »

Jon I don't want to seem like I'm telling granny how to suck eggs but if the problem is in your shoulder and back make sure that you aren't trying to use it with the stem too long, the coil should be just in front of you forward foot not way out in front and move the arm rest as far up as you can so it's supporting your elbow not your forearm (just slacken off the centre screw and slide it up), you may have tried all this but if not then it may be worth a go Wink
Jonnietaz

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 08:21:55 PM »

Thanks chef, thanks for the advice, I do as you say, just having a job at the moment, it's an old injury which is playing up, if it won't clear up, I was hoping to switch arms, it's just the Deus will be a lot easier to swing.
troutmasterfunk

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 09:57:13 PM »

Shorter sessions ? Huh
ejdrjan
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 02:49:42 PM »

PM sent
buzzerman

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 12:27:02 PM »

you guys out there might well be surprised to hear that there are more than a few who have suffered shoulder and elbow problems when using these heavy unbalanced multi-frequency minelab detectors.it's not a recent issue and has been debated on many forums and amongst the detecting fraternity for a number of years.it's high time that minelab should address this weight issue as it's not going to go away even their latest ctx 3030 model is no lightweight,it's better balanced that than previous models but swinging 5.2lbs for any length of time can give us detectorists big problems.   
marknewbury1

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 02:02:02 PM »

the taller you are I find the worst it isok I'm not a small fella believe it or not I find the xp Deus can get a bit heavy
Jonnietaz

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 04:55:49 PM »

I've used a gt for some time, with a 15 coil, and no problem, plus a explorer xs, some time ok, bit the gt is just better balanced I think, it looks like I'll persevere with the etrac, I just think suits me better now then the dues, it works between iron and coke, that I know, time will tell, I've also read that the dues can suffer salt water ingress, and as the beach is my hunting ground , bottom more then top it will have to do, Deus would be great for the top coin shooting, but it's one or the other.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 10:06:21 AM »

the taller you are I find the worst it isok I'm not a small fella believe it or not I find the xp Deus can get a bit heavy

I find that any detector gets a bit heavy if there's nothing to dig - Deus, T2, Minelabs of course, even the Golden Masks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal