Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which dealer do you use to buy metal detectors/accessories?  (Read 4215 times)
hedgehog
« on: June 14, 2009, 09:09:16 AM »

Was just wondering where everyone goes and who gives the best service?
I have in the past been to staffordshire detectors (great honest bloke), Crawfords metal detectors (had a good deal there) and sometimes buy bits from Joan Allen (if the price is right).
Don't name the bad ones unless it's an unbiased view, it may be slanderous !!!!  Wink
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 09:47:34 AM »

All the above plus detecniks  Cool

Greetings from the Dragon.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 10:52:28 AM »

Had dealings with joan allens not the cheapest  and not fussy on their attitude towards customers found crawfords more sociable giving more information to the customer etc detectniks usually offer the best detector only price and the service is good  mike longfield metal detectors not the cheapest secondhand machines but he does,nt sell rubbish like some regtons are straight to the point and try to sell you the right machine for your budget and sites  staffordshire metal detectors found kevin knowledgeable  and a straight honest person !!!  treasuireland  seemed a bit offish in their attitude to phone queries and spin a disc reckoned my xp goldmaxx was worthless secondhand and now deal in them?Huh?? theres one other dealer who name eludes at this moment who sent me a laser rapier that was secondhand it was a right shed told him so and sent it back and paid a small amount extra for a brand new one so beware theres good and bad out there Shocked Shocked mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 01:53:53 PM »

Have bought a couple of things off Joan Allen recently. Koss Headphones and a pinpoint probe. Always use their Ebay sho as the prices are about 25% cheaper online. Next day delivery. Haven't had any problems with them but never needed to tak to them by phone.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 04:10:58 PM »

Detecnicks every time, don't know how I lived without them. Wink

Chef
altinkum

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 04:33:48 PM »

pepsi piro for me he will beat any quote you have been given

explorers, my arse
dazipoo
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 08:35:56 PM »

Regtons and staffs metal detectors. Both Nigel Ingram of Regtons and Kevin Blackburn of staffs detectors are both gentleman and keep their word. Smiley Smiley
KenKelowna

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 02:31:01 AM »

Use me.

Sorry I live in Canada.
I would use the one closest to my home, and set up a relaitionship with them before any purchase.
I notice not one Welshman mentioned MAZ, how come?

Tesoro Gold Star Dealer.

I not only sell Tesoro, I use them.
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 08:08:24 AM »

I agree with Altinkum, Pepsi Piro will beat any quote from other dealers. I just bought a pair of Gray Ghost headphones from him,14 quid cheaper than anyone else and the price included next day delivery.

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
altinkum

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 08:20:32 AM »

some of the dealers mentioned are not there so you can get cheap deal's it's all about profit. so if 1 dealer can sell headphones £14 cheaper than any other dealers and still make a profit how much are the rest of them making per sale. it just goes to show what a rip-off country britain has become.  mike

explorers, my arse
Malcolm.mtts

Every Day is a Lovely Day

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 09:58:48 AM »

Don't forget the ordinary person.

Auction sites can be great for bargains for second hand machines or even new machines as well as numerous other gadgets we use.

Every Day is a Lovely Day
detectordave

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 01:37:12 PM »

The dealers that i have used have been Leisure Promotions,Joan Allen,Spin-a-disc and Regtons.I found that there is not much between them Regtons were more willing to do a deal,Spin-a-disc are head and shoulders above all the others for books i have never bought a machine from them so i cannot pass comment on the after sales service.The one point i think that all dealers should remember is that they should treat all the customers as they would like to be treated.

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
waltonbasinman
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 03:31:37 PM »

Did use Regtons and still will but have learnt to shop around. Like Jonola said some of the Ebay shops do great deals.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal