Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safari "gold" settings for the beach?  (Read 4183 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: May 06, 2015, 05:22:12 AM »

In the Safari-Quattro handbook by Andy Sabisch, he recommends setting the Safari up to seek out gold specifically. He discriminates out -10 to -6 and +30 to +40; thus ignoring any coins that may be sitting in the sands on the beach. I haven't tried this setup yet but was wondering if any of the other Safari owners on here have used it with any success?   Undecided

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 08:27:45 AM »

Hi Chris,   I looked at that program with a certain amount of suspicion.  It's one Andy recommends for beach competitions. I reckoned it may be great on some of the American beaches but  would probably send us on a wild Goose chase over here. Don't forget the Minelabs are designed for the U.S.
If you compare the ratio of gold to other metal finds on our beaches you'll see what I mean. You could probably detect for days and find nothing  Shocked 
My opinion, for what it's worth. Those settings don't give you any greater chance of finding more gold they just rule out picking up some of the other goodies that are in abundance over here.  (like cartridge cases)  Roll Eyes

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 09:13:19 AM »

Good morning Val,
                            I think that I hear the words of a wise one! I was thinking very much along those lines but wanted to hear from other Safari owners to see what they thought; or if they would prove my thinking to be wrong. I managed a couple of hours on the beach Monday morning, but couldn't bring my self to setting the Safari up as advised by Andy Sabisch.

I managed to winkle out 1x2p decimal, one 1918 copper penny in very good condition, one nondescript copper penny, nine brass .303 rotting cartridge cases, and a gold plated silver ladies ring  The ring is stamped "9CT on SILVER" inside, along with an undecipherable mark, and three initials. The bloomin ring took me by surprise; it was right in there amongst a load of WWII scrap!  Grin

Generally, whilst beach detecting, I set the machine up for conductive sounds and cross-save as all metals. When I get tired of all the noise from the scrappy minus signals I flip over to coin or coin and jewellery mode just to give my ears a rest. During the early weeks of using the Safari, it used to confuse my thinking and I would forget which way up the good signals were!  Embarrassed

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 02:48:57 PM »

Hi Chris,  now isn't that weird.  I just said exactly that to our new member Wal.  I crossed saved from coins & jewellery to Relic for the same reason.  1 or 2 presses on that setting certainly gives your ears a rest but I didn't find the iron tone too bad. I think I switched off from it to be honest.  That's something I couldn't do with the Deus. I wish they'd do something about their tones, they're vile, I don't like them at all.
Lucky you, getting out is not an option for me at present. I'm in a world of pain with my back. Had to get John to help me out of bed yesterday but managed it on my own this morning, a step in the right direction.
Ah well, I spose these things are sent to try us and they certainly do.

Val

bristolminelab
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 03:02:22 PM »

You can alter the tones to suit your ears on the Deus Val also there is also a  iron volume to suit , or use full tones
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 03:19:11 PM »

Hi BM  I just set Iron Volume to 0 and dig everything else. Haven't got as far as changing the tones yet. A bit complicated for me.

Val

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 03:19:42 PM »

Sorry to hear about your bad back Val; I crushed a disc some years ago and I couldn't move without intense pain for some considerable time. Time, a firm bed, and rest, eventually proved to be the best healer. If I overdo working in the garden, or detecting, my lower back plays up for a day or so afterwards. I'm starting to think that I should do some stretching exercises before and after all that digging.

May the angels of healing visit and refresh you!  Smiley

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 03:22:43 PM »

Thanks Chris.  I hope they hear a bit better than the Detecting Angels  Roll Eyes

b.buoy
NWDD Member

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 07:38:31 PM »

Pm for you Val
troutmasterfunk

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 08:06:00 AM »

Gold setting would be great if we didn't have so much trash...
A clean beach littered with gold after spring break👍
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 12:41:30 PM »

If only!  Grin

LEJAG
Rally attendee

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 10:01:18 PM »

In the Safari-Quattro handbook by Andy Sabisch, he recommends setting the Safari up to seek out gold specifically. He discriminates out -10 to -6 and +30 to +40; thus ignoring any coins that may be sitting in the sands on the beach. I haven't tried this setup yet but was wondering if any of the other Safari owners on here have used it with any success?   Undecided

Hi,
from the time, or you engage a system of discrimination
you lose the depth and therefore of gold......

if I did not use PI, I would have a Explorer II
all metal, discriminate by ear   Smiley

Detector used: Pulsepowers Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Aquamanta
Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold / Nokta golden sens

(forgive my english ...)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 07:43:27 AM »

Ah ha, a most interesting point; thank you.  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal