Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Better picture (plate brooch)  (Read 4176 times)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 08:41:41 PM »

Just looking through the benets artefacts book and there's one the same although the one in the book is broken on page 382 and it's listed as being saxon. Maybe some saxon pennies may be nearby.
Cheers benny, I have seen it mate, it's under Saxon but these brooches are attributed to Roman, not Saxon! not sure why it's in the Benet's book under that heading. I did ask Chef For his oppinion and agrees the same, also my brooch although not found in archeolical context it was found with only early Roman material, never had Saxon on these fields they tend to be in the valleys in more sheltered fertile areas.  Wink Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 08:49:00 PM »

Paul I thought id add this pic to your post, its in this months Searcher mag ( Found in Wiltshire )

Well done on today brooch as well mate Wink
Just like busses Dale you find one and then!!!....looks like mine is the nicer one but still a very nice brooch mate, and I've just agreed with Harry at the searcher to do an article on the brooch and a few more things so I guess there will be another one in soon Huh Thanks for putting it up mate I haven't got the mag yet  Wink Wink
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 09:44:05 PM »

Paul I thought id add this pic to your post, its in this months Searcher mag ( Found in Wiltshire )

Well done on today brooch as well mate Wink
Just like busses Dale you find one and then!!!....looks like mine is the nicer one but still a very nice brooch mate, and I've just agreed with Harry at the searcher to do an article on the brooch and a few more things so I guess there will be another one in soon Huh Thanks for putting it up mate I haven't got the mag yet  Wink Wink

I don't blame you Paul, its a lovely thing Wink
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 10:24:27 PM »

That's a quality item Smiley thanks for sharing - with Chef's black background it looks the business !

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal