Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: DetectingWales.com - Rally Number Six Highbridge 14/06/09. The Sunburnt Rally!  (Read 15272 times)
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 08:01:02 PM »

congratulations to everyone on a great day detecting with a great variaty of finds beachboy(viv)
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 08:08:23 PM »

Looks like another good day ladys and gents quite an interesting selection of finds  Wink beautiful weather  and scenery geoff neil rob your doing a great job hope to make the next one  Huh mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 08:14:37 PM »

I think Geoffs three legged Oxen theory may be sound!  Grin

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 08:32:10 PM »

Thanks team for another great day.

The trade weight was a first for me. so I'm well pleased, As well as the buckle in the picture, I had two other buckles, the remains of a wristwatch, a nice Vicky penny and a Lizzie 2 sixpence.

I think I had the other ox shoe, but it went into the hedge Shocked

Didn't have one button, which is strange, but did get probably my record total ever of medicine tubes. Here they are - guess how many?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:05:47 PM by peterh » Logged
parki
Rally attendee

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 09:06:42 PM »

Some lovely finds well done at least the weather was good also,wish we had been there been gardening allday proper boring.Well done sounded like a good day out.
onehorseAl( Al)

FID,Explorer !! & Deus User

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 09:08:04 PM »

Great day out,super weather,good company ,lookin forward to the next one.
Have attched what my token looked like when new.
Al. Smiley Smiley

Let the world go away 'cos I'm Bleeping today.
igglepiggle

R.A.R.E.Member

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 09:47:21 PM »

thanks for a great day out Smiley and well done to the finders of the nice things  Embarrassed

i'm off to the scrapys tomorrow to sell all my aluminium tubes, i may be to rich to talk to any of you when i sell them all

if detecting was easy where would the fun be in doing it!! Roll Eyes

Terry

I WANT TO FIND MORE PULL TABS

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 09:57:50 PM »

Had a good day, one button three buckles a penny and my 2 dollar New Zeland coin ?,  I also found umpteen tubes, and got a nice tan to boot,  Thanks Taff for the lift hope the wife is feeling better,  Thanks Neil and Geoff, til the next time
Terry
hedgehog
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 09:59:58 PM »

Lots of hard work went on there by the look of the no. of cattle tubes (33 Peter?).
Bronze piece does look like a dagger guard Mike! Nice silver spoon , pot weight and token and all of the other bits (not the cattle tubes though!).
Would have been too hot for me, dunno how you arrange the sunshine, think I will put bets on at the bookies next date that you arrange one  Grin
Never seen silvered lead before, strange one that!
Thanks for posting up the finds, nice to see the goodies without the hard work, well done all.
16.5DD (richard)

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 10:54:05 PM »

malcom trust you to get all those spindal whirls ,importers they always go overboard with to many .
fair do's  thats a hoard that may take some time to beat!!!!

you never know what lies below......

dreaming of detecting whilst............
detecting as there nothing else i would rather dooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm.mtts

Every Day is a Lovely Day

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 01:48:21 AM »

Give and you will receive they say.

HUH... how true but somehow I don't think this will apply to me with my finds.

I was extremely lucky to find 8 spindle whorls over a 50 yard area and while showing 2 of our female detectors them, I gave them one each as a present... deep down I am hoping they both use them to make me 2 lovely woolen jumpers.. HUH... I bet this never happens though.

Then the inevitable happened .. I gave and now I received... OH how I hate Neil  (LOL) ... while complimenting him on another excellent day's detecting I mentioned it was great that I did not have a single pull ring or 12 bore cartidge case to take home with me... AHHH... that Neil...ahhh ... he held his hand out and shoved a pull ring and cartridge case into my hand... AHHH ...I hate him  (LOL)

Besides numerous tubes, odd bits of lead and other junk those 8 whorls and 3 buckles made it a good day for me and to have fresh air between ciggys is also great.

What was extremely pleasing to see today was that everyone filled in their holes almost to perfection. In fact the only evidence you had on most occasions was some loose soil around the well replaced grass.

On the picture below are some of my finds and to upset Neil I have not included the fantastic pull ring and cartridge case he shoved into my hand (just to spite him for ruining my pull ring free detecting day ).

Well done the organisers for yet another enjoyable day.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:53:24 AM by Malcolm.mtts » Logged

Every Day is a Lovely Day
ancientpat

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 10:23:32 AM »

Myself and " TheJinx" Barrie enjoyed our day out again , nice to meet up with everybody and Tafflaff of course , thanks again to all the organisers and Tafflaff for finding the sites.Sorry I let the side down no hammered and it's my birthday tomorrow !!

Pat. Cry Cry
jonny

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 11:20:49 AM »

Thanks to all concerned for a great day out, once again spent in good company, finally met with ( chef  Geoff) Still trying to add the nail pattern to all metal.

Jonny Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Beefy (GARETH)

WHERES DA BEEF

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 11:39:31 AM »

well done to you all with the great finds you find................. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley  You had great wether for it  once again well done all............... Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
romano-brit

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 12:47:25 PM »

well done everyone, didnt have anything myself part from bout 50 tubes and 30 odd bottle tops

did anyone else notice on the bridge, there was loads of nicely dressed large stone work, plus concreted into it was a large block with ICI carved into it, looked very Roman to me

2011/2012 Finds

Roman silver: 2/0
Hammies: 7/1
Milled silver: 17/0
Gold artifacts: 1/0
Gold coins: 0/0

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal