Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bomb disposal squad called to Welsh beach after hand grenade washes ashore.  (Read 2829 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: April 29, 2015, 11:16:41 AM »

By Mark Smith

A picturesque West Wales beach was cordoned off by a bomb squad today – after a hand grenade washed up onto the shore.

A bomb disposal unit was called in to destroy the weapon when it was found on Dolau Beach in New Quay, Ceredigion.

A spokeswoman for Dyfed Powys Police said the device was detonated as a precaution. The grenade washed in with the tide

Eyewitness Charles Lloyd Harvey said: “According to the Mariners New Quay staff it was a hand grenade that had washed in with the tide.

“Coastguard and police had been called earlier this afternoon and cordoned the area off as they awaited the arrival of the royal logistics corps bomb disposal unit who arrived around 8pm.

“They x-rayed the device to determine what was inside, before carrying out a controlled explosion, detonating the device in front of the watching crowd that had gathered.”

We did not know if it was a live grenade'

A spokeswoman for Dyfed Powys Police said: “The beach was cordoned off in the early evening so a bomb disposal team could be brought in.

“We did not know if it was a live grenade. We detonated it as a safety measure.”

* Bomb2.jpg (290.47 KB, 1636x1227 - viewed 1311 times.)

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 11:35:18 PM »

BOOM BABY !!!

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Jeff The Wizard

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 11:32:00 AM »

By Mark Smith

A picturesque West Wales beach was cordoned off by a bomb squad today – after a hand grenade washed up onto the shore.

A bomb disposal unit was called in to destroy the weapon when it was found on Dolau Beach in New Quay, Ceredigion.

A spokeswoman for Dyfed Powys Police said the device was detonated as a precaution. The grenade washed in with the tide

Eyewitness Charles Lloyd Harvey said: “According to the Mariners New Quay staff it was a hand grenade that had washed in with the tide.

“Coastguard and police had been called earlier this afternoon and cordoned the area off as they awaited the arrival of the royal logistics corps bomb disposal unit who arrived around 8pm.

“They x-rayed the device to determine what was inside, before carrying out a controlled explosion, detonating the device in front of the watching crowd that had gathered.”

We did not know if it was a live grenade'

A spokeswoman for Dyfed Powys Police said: “The beach was cordoned off in the early evening so a bomb disposal team could be brought in.

“We did not know if it was a live grenade. We detonated it as a safety measure.”

All very exiting I'm sure, but this story is not exactly a riveting read. I find it amazing the powers that be have published this item containing such repetition.
At least we are left in no doubt how the Grenade got there  Roll Eyes It seems their more concerned with filling page space rather than the quality of content.

If ring pulls and bottle tops were currency I would be a rich man
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 06:32:25 PM »

Seems to be a way of life around this Coastline Neil.  I've had a couple of scares myself. Of course they were unfounded but maybe next time. Shocked

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal