Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minelab full harness?  (Read 2874 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: April 18, 2015, 05:56:05 PM »

Hi All,anyone out there had any experience of using the Minelab full detecting harness?
I am currently using the"detectorbits " easy swing harness which is ok but as the clock keeps ticking away I am finding the aches and pains of detecting are starting earlier!!!if you know what I mean?
Does the Minelab harness justify the extra cost..£90:00 plus !!!
Any one with experience of the full harness please let me know what you think before I go ahead and buy one.
Thanks for looking.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 10:15:03 PM »

I think Doug still uses the Minelab harness and he gets on great with it.  I think everyone who has owned a detector has at one time or another suffered with aches and pains. I had tennis elbow and I don't even play tennis Huh Grin. The pain does eventually go away. All I ever used was a long bungee[ luggage ] strap attached to the detector using a large bulldog clip and slipped over my head. It worked just as well. as a harness.

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 11:19:54 PM »

I use the pro swing 45 and it's a great bit of kit however I don't like how it manages to sneak up to ur shoulders always seems too and u have to keep pulling it down other than that very gud and very comfortable

bristolminelab
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 06:13:52 AM »

Bungee and D link stitched into waist coat always worked for me Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 07:18:31 AM »

Come on minelab get the hint please...Your top end machines are too HEAVY  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked may be one day just may be.....sorry to hijack your post dingdong Wink I have tried harnesses didn't get on with them that's just me mate, so I still put up with aches and pains of the CTX lol  Wink Wink
bristolminelab
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 04:04:20 PM »

Come on minelab get the hint please...Your top end machines are too HEAVY  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked may be one day just may be.....sorry to hijack your post dingdong Wink I have tried harnesses didn't get on with them that's just me mate, so I still put up with aches and pains of the CTX lol  Wink Wink
so its not just me that thinks the Minelabs are to heavy Grin
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 04:53:13 PM »

No not just you I think everyone has complained about not only the weight but on the Explorer series the B awful balance and that's since they first appeared in 98 but all to no avail and I know that you couldn't save that much weight given the 12v power needed to run FBS but the cynical side of me says that Minelab took the arrogant view (and still do) of "if you want FBS then it's this or nothing" Undecided
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 07:09:36 PM »

No not just you I think everyone has complained about not only the weight but on the Explorer series the B awful balance and that's since they first appeared in 98 but all to no avail and I know that you couldn't save that much weight given the 12v power needed to run FBS but the cynical side of me says that Minelab took the arrogant view (and still do) of "if you want FBS then it's this or nothing" Undecided
That seems a fare point Geoff Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 07:44:05 PM »

Got to add my 2p worth.  I loved the Safari, and still do but after a break from detecting last year I suddenly realised it was a monster, weight wise. That's really the only reason I've changed to a Deus.
As far as harnesses are concerned I've never used a proper one. Just a short bungee type hanging from the belt. Doesn't take any of the machines weight but saves you dropping it or having to put it down every time you dig a signal.
Like I said a few days ago, if Minelab brought one out with their tech. and the Deus weight, I'd be at the front of the queue.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 08:39:25 PM »

Since January, I have been swinging a MineLab Safari and suffering a very painful upper right arm and shoulder. I recently invested in a bungee harness but haven't yet got round to using it in the field. Following two recent outings with the Safari, I have had no problems with the right arm; so what has changed?

Well, about the same time as I bought the Safari, I was prescribed statins for an ongoing health problem but stopped taking them over a month or so  ago. Since stopping the statins, the upper arm is no longer as painful as it was. I will, of course, give the bungee a good try out asap!

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 10:44:35 PM »

I've heard Statins can cause more problems than they cure in some people Chris.  My Cousin was prescribed them , had terrible problems and had to stop taking them.   

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 06:22:01 AM »

Hi Val,
            I am tempted to think that my problem was caused by the extra weight of the Safari, plus the statins. My doc agreed that the statins may be causing the problem and prescribed half strength tablets, but I haven't started retaking them yet. Going to wait until I see her again for a reassessment of my condition and a drugs review.

As for the bungee; I have still to use it for a prolonged period of detecting and see if I can take to it. I may get a chance to give the bungee a go over the weekend and I will pop a review on this thread, if I do.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal