Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: nexus detectors  (Read 9071 times)
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« on: April 18, 2015, 02:54:28 PM »

Has anyone on here used a nexus detector or any experience of them ? The write up about them claims that they are the deepest ever, I'm wondering if there's any truth in this or is it just marketing hype ?
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

utrinque paratus , Gwell angau na Chywilydd

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 03:07:26 PM »

my first guess would be hype as most people wont have heard of them and if they are as good as they claim they would be everywhere ,just my guess though

the mighty xp Deus
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 03:19:28 PM »

They will go deep and as far as I know it's the only machine that has passed Gary's hoard test but depth has never been a problem with machines but depth with stability is where the problems arise and while it may get great depth on larger and deeper targets to hunt in every day conditions you have to turn down the sens and you're suddenly back to using a standard machine Undecided They have been around for a good few years now and as Justin said if they were that good loads of people would be using them Wink
bristolminelab
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 03:23:59 PM »

They will go deep and as far as I know it's the only machine that has passed Gary's hoard test but depth has never been a problem with machines but depth with stability is where the problems arise and while it may get great depth on larger and deeper targets to hunt in every day conditions you have to turn down the sens and you're suddenly back to using a standard machine Undecided They have been around for a good few years now and as Justin said if they were that good loads of people would be using them Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcXynMzXN3Q Deus found it  Cheesy
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 04:10:45 PM »

I think that highlights the point as the 13" is not a great coil for normal searching but for larger targets at depth it wins so if you want to detect in the faint hope of walking over a hoard the the Nexus is the one to choose Grin
bristolminelab
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 04:13:57 PM »

well i have had some good finds with the large coil so cannot be that bad. Have you tried one? try picking up a thin good chain with minelab no signal at all, but Deus with large pick up at 6 inches even ace 250 picks up at 2 inches Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:31:25 PM by bristolminelab » Logged
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 04:35:32 PM »

Yes and like most who owned them realised that they don't have the depth increase that you would expect  though I think some have found if you drop the frequency to 4kHz then the difference is noticable but its greatest drawback is a bad design making the machine toe heavy and as it's elliptical it is in reality just over 11.5" whereas the newer 11" is a very good performer. BM don't fall in to the newbee trap and think you found "good finds" because you you used the 13", without a different machine in each hand nothing is ever certain or prooved Wink
bristolminelab
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 04:45:28 PM »

may be toe heavy but half the weight  of a minelab better design alround , first use a detector in the 1970s so not totaley a newbee chef , minelabs are good machines but in my view the xp Deus is better that is my view which i am entitlied to . So why dont minelabs pick up small gold i think this is bad design or am i wrong ?
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 04:52:26 PM »

Uhhh Huh who mentioned Minelab? this is a thread on the Nexus and it's relative points. I'm afraid you've picked the wrong person if your looking for a "tribal" contest of mines bigger than yours I use a tool to do the job not for a comfortable Sunday stroll, I've got land that the Minelabs are useless on given the mineralisation but the Deus loves it but I've also got land that has deep sandy loam and the minelabs eat the Deus for breakfast, so horses for courses Wink
bristolminelab
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 04:58:36 PM »

yes but you said that  the nexus was the detector  that picks up garys hoard which is not correct is it or am i seeing things? you started slaging off the Deus or am i wrong. Yes i only use my for a sunday stroll lol Cheesy these are MY views which i am entiled to
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 05:00:40 PM by bristolminelab » Logged
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 05:01:39 PM »

why bristolminelab  Undecided Undecided surley its time for a name change , bristoldeus , bristolnexus or just bristol sounds nice  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
bristolminelab
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 05:06:32 PM »

yes i would be up for a Charge mike Cheesy you pick the name i will go with it Smiley
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 05:07:50 PM »

Well what I said was "as far as I know it's the only machine that has passed Gary's hoard test" so thank you for educating me I'm afraid I can't see anywhere that I've slagged off the Deus only stating the view, which is held by many, that the 13" coil for the Deus is badly designed and is a disappointment in terms of depth expectations compared to the 9" Huh
bristolminelab
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 05:09:44 PM »

what ever. i wanted a new coil to make a spare Deus for the wife so i choose the 13"  life is all about choose cheff Wink
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 05:12:30 PM by bristolminelab » Logged
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 05:13:36 PM »

Wish I hadn't asked now  Cry Cry

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal