Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of minor detecting changes (3)  (Read 2757 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: April 15, 2015, 07:23:33 PM »

1  ...      Since upgrading to the MineLab Safari, I have been having problems with muscular pains and soreness in the upper right arm and shoulder; so I eventually contemplated buying a metal detecting bungee to see if it would alleviate the problem. Following replies from other forum members and checking the prices of a number of producers; I eventually decided to purchase my bungee  from Roy on eBay. It was listed as "Roy's metal detecting bungee harness (Delux)" and priced at £20, including delivery. At £20, I was well impressed by the well made bungee at an economical price and it was one of the fastest deliveries that I have had in recent years.

Due to an over-site on my part; I had to contact Roy to discuss a modification to the harness belt. By return of post, I received a second bungee that resolved my problem and Roy declined the return of the original bungee and sugested that I should perhaps pass the first bungee on to a fellow detectorist.

So, at the moment, I have a bungee still waiting to be used and tested and one bungee looking for a good home!   Wink

2 ...       Took my brand new Spear & Jackson border spade into a new field on Tuesday morning and was stunned when it resisted being driven through a tough layer of grass and weeds. Even stomping on it with all my weight only just managed to drive the spade through the growth and into the earth beneath. Got the angle grinder out today and cut the spade blade to a "V" shape and then honed the edge to a razor sharpness. Should do the business next time out!

3 ...        Last year, following a beach find and recovery, I had contacts with a number of Maritime Archaeological Organisations and the "Receiver of Wreck". Each organisation required accurate map references for the said find so I eventually decided to use the money that I would have used to attend Saturday's rally and invest it in a Garmin Etrex10. I suppose that I could have downloaded a gps program for my mobile, but I believe the accuracy of such systems can be well out.........depending on which phone you are using.  Roll Eyes

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 08:35:26 PM »

Sounds like you're getting sorted bit by bit Chris.  I've used a waist bungee for ages. Made and shown on here by one of the members. It doesn't take the weight of the detector when swinging but it's a god-send when you get a signal. None of this messing around putting the machine down on the wet sand or slimey mud. Just let it go and start digging. Used it for about 3-4 years now and it only cost £5.  Good old Bob  Grin
Spade of course just has to be pointed or round and John puts it on the grinder for me occasionally. Like a hot knife through butter even on the toughest grass clumps.
Sadly my mobile wont take all apps, much to Johns disgust.  (he's got an Apple that does everything) We thought it might be a good idea to have one of those trace apps so  if there were a crisis he'd know exactly where I was even if I couldn't phone him. Good idea but I refuse to replace my phone with a more expensive one when mine is only a year old.
I'm waiting for an app that tells me where to dig and find gold  Shocked  if one comes out I'll up-grade phone  Wink

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:52:25 PM »

Now there's a thought; As children, we were told stories that there is always a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow!   Shocked

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 08:59:22 PM »

If that's right Chris then every time it rains when the Sun is shining there should be one in my garden.  Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 09:06:31 PM »

Hmm, how deep though? Maybe rainbows are always there and we only see them when it rains! There is a guy that reckons that metals give off an aura that can be seen with a digital camera that has been modified to see infra-red.

Maybe; Just maybe!

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 09:24:52 PM »

And if they did give off an aura I think I can guarantee he would be far too busy travelling the world with his camera than to write a stupid book telling everybody about it Grin
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 09:40:50 PM »

You have read my mind young man!  Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal