Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minelab Go-find range set to feature anti-nighthawking technology.  (Read 4743 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: April 01, 2015, 09:05:09 AM »

Courtesy of: The Daily Detectorist

Leading metal detector manufacturers Minelab have announced they have finally come up with a revolutionary idea to put an end to Nighthawking, (the act of illegally hunting for treasure and plundering ancient monuments under the cover of darkness). The hugely anticipated Go-Find range is designed to give a light and easy to use detector similar to other machines currently on the market, but at a more affordable price, and is set to feature the world’s first anti-nighthawking technology. We sent ace reporter Paul McCoil to take a statement from Minelab:

‘We’ve been working closely with archeologists and scientists, and together we have finally come up with a way to tackle nighthawks. For too long they’ve been dragging the names of honest, law abiding detecting folk through the mud, and we’re proud to announce that we’re the ones to finally bring an end to heritage crime.

What we’ve come up with is solar-power only technology which requires the sun to be out at all times for the machine to function. It won’t even turn on after dark, no batteries are required and there is no need to charge it, making it impossible to use the machine at night. We’re a little annoyed with ourselves that we didn’t think of it sooner, but also pleased that XP didn’t beat us to it, it’s an obvious solution to an on-going problem. The British Museum has publicly given full support to the new machine, even going so far as to suggest that all detectors without anti-nighthawking technology should be phased out and made illegal after the election is over, and our recently returned, veteran reporter and keen detectorist Phil Maholin wholeheartedly agrees:

‘I think all responsible parties should be lobbying parliament on this one, as soon as this upcoming election nonsense is out of the way and we all know which rich, over- privileged, silver spoon fed ex-public school, university-educated posh boy who’s never done a proper day’s work outside of politics in his life and his similar bunch of crooked, greedy, lying, self-serving Bullingdon club cronies that our uneducated, semi-indifferent and ill-informed electorate has chosen to pretend to run the country on behalf of the multi-national corporations for the next five years, and don’t even get me started on…’

Now plans are afoot to push other manufacturers to follow suit with their own anti-nighthawking products by 2017.

The Minelab go-find range will be available in all good, honest, reputable metal detecting retailers in the UK later this month starting from R.R.P £240*

*Not available at Joan Allen.

* sdfsdf.jpg (6.91 KB, 225x225 - viewed 969 times.)

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 09:36:49 AM »

Nice idea (i.e the no batteries bit). Must have very low power consumption then...

but I am personally against a 'solar powered only' detector - or that my detector should be suggested to be phased out by a bunch of do gooders - we're (mostly) all adults here. It's like coming up with a car that can only be used in daylight hours......
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 09:58:53 AM »

I also heard that they were thinking about the possibilities of fitting every new detector with an identification chip and then having a buried sensor in the area of ancient monuments that could read the chip and identify the detector being illegally used there.

XP Deus user
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 10:07:57 AM »

Is Phil Maholin any relation to Philip McCrackin ? Grin Grin Grin
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

utrinque paratus , Gwell angau na Chywilydd

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 10:34:33 AM »

is it april the first by any chance lol nice one neil

the mighty xp Deus
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 12:11:13 PM »

I smell a rat   Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
troutmasterfunk

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 12:41:36 PM »

Very good... Cheesy
bristolminelab
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 02:46:43 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v__SY7YofrQ
Looks like something out a christmas cracker Cheesy and  as slow as other minelabs. Heres the replacement for the CTX due to be launched later this year Cheesy

* 019295__.jpg (10.19 KB, 425x480 - viewed 455 times.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:52:35 PM by bristolminelab » Logged
Chainsaw Bampy

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 04:42:51 PM »

i heard they were making a newone so you can go nighthawking the new one hasnot got any digital readouts making it lighter for quick escapes and it is silent so nobody can hear you lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal