Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An epic day?  (Read 2784 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: March 19, 2015, 02:17:15 PM »

Put in some time at Talacre yesterday and followed up on some recent research. Bagged a dozen coins ( including the smallest copper coin I have ever seen ) , and a possible silver and amber earring,  I had the Safari set on all metals conductive, manual sensitivity 20, and low trash.

I am tempted to think that the teeny copper coin is in fact a copper maritime rove, without a hole!

* Wednesday March 18th.jpg (211.29 KB, 482x705 - viewed 335 times.)

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
grego
NWDD Member

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 05:24:30 PM »

Well done Chris.

Grego
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 07:49:17 PM »

You're certainly cooking on gas now Chris.  Looks like you got the beach sussed as well.  Makes a change from all those cartridge cases.

Maybe you dug them all up with the other detector  Roll Eyes

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:51:07 PM »

Hi Val,
             I stayed away from the area where I generally get the brass cartridge cases and also avoided the area where I know it to be heavily contaminated with WWII projectiles. Based on some recent observations I headed directly for a number of smaller areas and I now believe that one particular  area is going to be more productive than others. I'm also starting to feel a little more comfortable with the Safari on sand. It certainly picks up the smallest of things.

What do you make of that very small copper disc. At first I thought that it was a coin, but I am unable to discern anything on it!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:07:26 PM by Resurgam » Logged

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 11:19:13 PM »

Well done on sorting out a productive part of your local beach.  I keep having a punt on mine but it's hard work for little return. Like you I'm feeling happier each time with my new toy.
Your 'coin' is intriguing. I wondered if it was a farthing fraction but have never seen one. As you don't give a measurement  I can only guess.  Have a look at the attached link and see if anything looks right.  Of course it could just be a copper blank.

http://www.coins-of-the-uk.co.uk/fract.html

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 12:16:48 AM »

You may be right Val and it may just be a blanc disc from something or other. As for the other coins; I could probably come away with more but my headphones packed up as I set up the detector and I didn't feel like walking a mile back to the car to retrieve my spare set. That will teach me not to check the equipment before leaving the car and not taking my spare phones on to the beach.  Cry

Having said the above; I was actually very lucky to have made it to the beach in one piece. Early on in my journey, whilst negotiating my way through dense fog, I hit a some black ice and the car decided that it wanted to dance the rumba.  Shocked

Richie sixpence

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 11:20:41 AM »

Nice finds Chris well done my friend  Smiley

All the best Richie sixpence Wink

"All that glitters is not gold" but hopefully!!!
Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
And hopefully a lot of good luck
Member of, NCMD
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 04:10:27 PM »

Hi Richie,
               and we thought the sands were detected out. Looks like things may get even better!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal