Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sov elite deep settings?  (Read 2978 times)
Chainsaw Bampy

« on: March 16, 2015, 07:19:49 PM »

does anyone have any advice on deep settings for the minelab sovereign elite,   i put it on quick settings ie on the white dots etc, but cannot seem to search very deep,  i am using the 10 inch tornado coil,  i am open to advice,     thanks gary.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 07:23:20 PM by Chainsaw Bampy » Logged
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 07:32:22 PM »

How do you know that it won't search very deep? if you're air testing ie waiving a target in front of the coil then no none of the BBS or FBS will give much of a reading in the same way as Pi machines appear useless when tested like this as they need the background mineralisation to ground balance.
Notch and Disc on zero, Volume on full (very important as this is in reality an audio gain) Threshold adjust to a gentle hum, Tone switch on variable and mode switch on Disc Wink
Chainsaw Bampy

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 07:38:12 PM »

i have found quite a lot of  bits n pieces but none of them have been more than 4 inchs deep,    lots of scrap on the fields where i go,  there must be things i am missing that are deeper, also i learned with the sov elite that you have to swing slowly, real novice at detecting,  any advice on this machine would be great.
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 08:59:17 PM »

used a sov gt for a while and found lots of grots and hammies with it the vast majority of which were in the 1- 6 inch area , the same with the explorer I use at the moment , to be honest that's what u can expect to get depth wise on that type of target regardless of machine , obviously larger silver and bronze coins / artifacts will be detected deeper due to size .

keep the sensitivity as close as possible to auto without getting lots of chatter from the mineralization , around 11am on the gt was usual but lower ( 9am ) if possible .

listen for the low low tones , that's the grots and hammies ( + foil and small lead unfortunately ) always dig em  Wink

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
Chainsaw Bampy

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 09:07:09 PM »

i have picked up large foil etc but at no deeper than 4 inchs and a lot of other rubbish but nothing deeper not large or small,   the ground has a lot of scrap everywhere, must be more deeper but never pick any up no matter what  size or what metal scrap or otherwise?
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 09:08:29 PM »

I have to agree with Geoff Gary on his advice, and having had my Elite for many years ( not now have CTX, I wasn't one for swinging slow, and had no problems finding deep finds , that said sovereigns are not known for fast recovery Grin
Chainsaw Bampy

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 09:24:48 PM »

thanks for all replies everyone.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal