Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted  (Read 7812 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 09:39:56 AM »

I don't doubt it's a good machine. It certainly doesn't miss much   BUT  how can I blank out all the iron signals.  I always used to use All Metal on the Safari but the tones were easy to listen to. On the Deus the tones are high and not all are in the 90's.   They're driving me crackers.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Landyman

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 10:01:06 AM »

Im also new to the Deus and having same problem with iron. It gives such a good signal.
Apart from that Im happy with it as 4th time out with it on Friday I found a hammered. Smiley
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 10:15:26 AM »

My advice to you while you are learning the Deus is to use the gmp program and raise the disc to around 35 the iron tones will then be on all vdi numbers up to 35  you won't miss much worth having below 35 in my experience. If you are in a Roman site or looking for smaller/thinner stuff you can lower the disc, but 35 to 40 is good to learn the machine. If you don't like the iron sound you can lower the iron volume setting, but I would leave it as it is as you will identify the busy areas of your site if you can hear the iron.  Don't forget to look at the horse shoe for another clue for the iron...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:19:14 AM by Da Monkey » Logged

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
marknewbury1

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 10:21:42 AM »

Im also new to the Deus and having same problem with iron. It gives such a good signal.
Apart from that Im happy with it as 4th time out with it on Friday I found a hammered. Smiley
switch between the programs basic 2 and the relic mod and check the numbers it gives you more informationi been out a few times now i'm getting the hang of it
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 10:23:35 AM »

Yea right, so why does iron come into the conductive side of the horse shoe with a dig me tone ??

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 10:30:06 AM »

Big iron is a problem for all machines in my experience Val, I expect it flicks into the left side of the horseshoe as well though. Run the disc right and listen for ANY slight rasp of e iron tone. Someone posted a link on here for some very good videos to learn the Deus a few weeks back, well worth watching. It'll take 6 months to get used to it val it took that long for me to really learn the explorer as well. Stick with it, it's a good machine. There are lots of settings to play with and I don't have a clue on lots of them, I think it's better to set it up and learn it only making minor changes rather than continually change things, otherwise I'd run out of detecting time lol Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:33:30 AM by Da Monkey » Logged

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
marknewbury1

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 10:33:00 AM »

Yea right, so why does iron come into the conductive side of the horse shoe with a dig me tone ??
i like the full tones it works for me
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 10:53:09 AM »

What I ve found is that if youve got a good signal, little wiggles of the coil and draw it backwards over the target......if it gives a little grunt as you come of the target its iron  Wink

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
marknewbury1

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 11:21:09 AM »

What I ve found is that if youve got a good signal, little wiggles of the coil and draw it backwards over the target......if it gives a little grunt as you come of the target its iron  Wink
oh yes there's so many ways you can tell the differencewiggle wiggle wiggle
Landyman

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2015, 12:30:37 PM »

I found that works sometimes but not all the time. I get good signals in 80s or 90s showing on right of horseshoe. When I dig them it is sometimes non ferrous object but quite often iron.
I am using gmp mode and only adjustment I do is raise the sensitivity up a bit if the ground allows.
In 20 years of detecting using a lot of different detectors I have found the Deus the worst for giving a good signal on iron.
And also, the way I am using the Deus, It is definitely not as sensitive as an e trac. Although it does seem to be deeper on ploughed.
But its early days for me yet. Only used it 4 times so far. (but did find a hammered with it).
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

utrinque paratus , Gwell angau na Chywilydd

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2015, 05:06:11 PM »

dylan speak to jedthomas on here he has a full set up for sale for around 850 ,it is the fella with the grey and yellow van always goes out with ray

the mighty xp Deus

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal