Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pub raided in search for stolen holy grail  (Read 4525 times)
galoshers

« on: August 08, 2014, 09:06:03 PM »

Police in the UK have raided a village pub searching for a stolen relic believed to be the Holy Grail – the cup Jesus is said to have drunk from at the Last Supper.

The object in question is the Nanteos Cup, a wooden relic which some believe to be the Holy Grail.

It is said to have been brought to Britain by Joseph of Arimathea before ending up at a stately home in Wales, where visitors would drink from it.

Last month, it was reported that the cup had been stolen from a house in Herefordshire.

After receiving ‘intelligence’ that the cup had been seen in a local pub, a team of eight officers and a police dog arrived at the Crown Inn on Sunday morning.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/british-police-raid-village-pub-search-holy-grail-164900895.html#RcVknUT
david995

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 09:26:25 PM »

Thats interesting , as a side note i have a field on one of my permisions called maes y cwpan cymun  which means field of the chalice , believe me when  i say iv'e given it a right good going over !!

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 12:40:50 PM »

Thats interesting , as a side note i have a field on one of my permisions called maes y cwpan cymun  which means field of the chalice , believe me when  i say iv'e given it a right good going over !!

Its meant to be wooden Dave and The Horn Of Plenty or its more common name the Holy Grail is reputed to lie buried on St Patricks Isle (a few hundred yards from where i am now...A few years the custodian opened the front of the castle on St patricks isle to be met by a man with a pick Whoc had been,searching the castle  all night for the horn of plenty..Needless to say he was sectioned..No it was not me  Smiley
david995

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 01:36:46 PM »

yes the farmer said it could be wooden but we hoped it could have some iron or something around it like banding or full of something !! 

not sure it related to the holy grail , but just to a chalice as the field has been named like this ( the field of the chalice )  for a very long time. and there is some serious history to the other fields around this field back to the templers etc

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal