Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MineLab detecting gloves.  (Read 2230 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: March 05, 2015, 03:39:32 PM »

When I bought my Minelab Safari in December I also recieved a pair of MineLab detecting gloves as a bonus. Having now worn the gloves for several detecting sessions I have found that that they are not waterproff and soak up moisture like a sponge. Mud also sticks to them like poo to a blanket and they offer little or no heat insulation.
About as much use as a chocolate teapot! They make a nice pair of driving gloves and will be ok for detecting dry sand during the summer; or detecting in a dry Arizona field.

Any one else used MineLab detecting gloves? Personally, I would never buy a pair but will keep these in my detecting bag ready for the dry summer days on the beach.  Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 04:37:09 PM »

No I haven't tried the Minelab ones but I did buy some Neoprene ones last winter. They turned out to be much the same as your Minelab ones.  I was soooo disappointed because I'd had Neoprene with Leather palms for riding and they were excellent.
Seems the makers thought riders needed better insulation than divers  Roll Eyes

Depending on weather I now alternate between my old riding gloves  and nitrile coated.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 04:46:05 PM »

That will explain why they give them away then Grin after having a few bits of Minelab "freebies" I can guarantee that when their marketing dept go looking for these promotional items "quality" isn't close to the top of their list of requirements  Grin
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 05:19:08 PM »

Same for the free headphones that came with the detector Geoff; they were wired to the lefthand side and the lead was shorter than the lead that came with my Cheff Phones! I can get away with turning the phones round but will have to buy a short jumper lead so that they are not dragge doff my ears when I put the detector down to recover the target. Having said all that; I will mostly be using the Cheff Phones and keeping theses as a backup.

Vals riding gloves sound interesting.  Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 05:24:40 PM »

Not cheap Chris but the best gloves I've ever had.   They'd had it now as well but I did buy them about 17 years ago. Roll Eyes

If you're going to look at some, look for DUBLIN riding gloves.

Val

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 05:40:07 PM »

Thanks Val, I just Googled them and it looks like they are selling for around a tenner. There is a large riding establisment just up the M6 from us; I think I will call in and have a look at them.

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 07:15:08 PM »

Biggest problem with them is the leather palms. Mud huggers. I had a quick look and it looks like they do some waterproof ones now. The All Weather ones look pretty good, wouldn't mind treating myself to some of those,

Val

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal