Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sea quake!!!  (Read 4499 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: February 28, 2015, 05:10:34 PM »

Hi to you all,seeing a picture in this months "Treasure Hunting" of a fossilised mussel reminded me about a couple of fossilised clams that I picked up whilst living(and working)in Spain South East Spain to be exact.
During the boom years of major development on the coast vast areas of land were being cleared for the development of new urbanisations,during the preparations of one particular site a whole  area was laid bare showing the fossilised areas of clam beds,cockel beds,and mussel beds,it was quite a extraordinary site, the JCB had taken off only about three feet of soil revealing this quite remarkable site.
I do remember that the local media covered the story,and it even got piece on Spanish television.
Apparently, according to the geologists who were conducting a survey of the area explained that about four million years ago there was a massive sea quake and that enormous areas of the sea bed were pushed up,and that's where they had laid up to the present day.
Unfortunately, I only have the two clam fossils left as I have shown in the photographs,the rest of them i have given away to people who seem to want them as curios or use them as paper weights.

* IMG_20150228_145658.jpg (158.07 KB, 640x480 - viewed 947 times.)

* IMG_20150228_145617.jpg (150.48 KB, 640x480 - viewed 988 times.)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 07:09:13 PM »

That's interesting Chris.  Walking along our beaches I often wonder what's been going on out of sight. 
Since I've been down here in Pembrokeshire I've seen some amazing sights.  Star Fish, Jelly Fish, Dog Fish, Seals, Spider Crab, all washed up on the beach and many in their thousands and not mixed up but individual species. I spotted something shiney one day and touched it to see what it was. Baby elvers, hundreds of them, alive, alive, ho.  Roll Eyes
Only last week I was surprised by the number of cockles washed up and even some Oysters. Understandable after a big storm but we haven't had any recently.
Trouble, last week was that loads of sand had also been washed up. Could have done without that.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 07:36:21 PM »

Hi Val,thanks for the reply,yes the seabed is a mysterious place,I will try and find the cutting which came out of the BRIT newspaper, if I can find it  I will copy it off and post it, really is very intriguing.
As for the large amounts of sand on the beach at present.. UGH!!!
Think I will stick with the land for the time being.
Absolutely love the Safari,it seems to "sing" to me when there's  something interesting beneath!!
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 09:05:56 PM »

Now you're getting there.  The difference between making a noise and singing, good to hear.

I had to admit to hearing a 'rasp' from the Deus yesterday. That's an improvement as well. Roll Eyes

Val

dingdong
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 09:21:29 PM »

Could be mistaken!!!didn't you say you would not be getting rid of your Safari?a while ago!!!Thought you were a Safarian through and through,oh well now you've become a deucer!!!not the same...LOL😀😀
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 11:01:06 PM »

I'm keeping the Safari.  Think it might be better on the beach.  I'm not totally sold on the Deus YET!!!!!

Val

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal