Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Treasure Tudor pin from Last visit to Wick Rally (Welsh John)  (Read 4058 times)
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« on: August 31, 2015, 02:52:41 PM »

Hi guys, just had an update on one of the treasure pieces found on the last rally at Wick. Thought I'd post it up.

Well Done John, excellent result! Any chance of a photo ?

Hey Rob,

I've just come off the phone to the farmers wife; she mentioned that somebody from DW had been in contact to try and organise another search.
You remember that Tudor Dress / Hair Pin I found on their land back in 2011?  There was a Tudor dress hook / fastener found the same day.  Well......

I have just had the pin returned to me from the Museum (Lodwick) after a long and arduous journey through the Treasure Act.  I have been in regular phone contact with Mrs. Jones the farmer's wife throughout.  Mrs. Jones has always expressed a desire for the pin to go to the North Somerset Museum in Taunton.

The pin was disclaimed by the Crown.  Mrs. Jones and I have agreed to waver any monetary gain and donate the pin to the Museum.  It is currently with me.  I am having a copy made with a fine jewelry maker (Mrs. Jones has asked the price and is thinking of having one as well) before I send the pin to Mrs. Jones to take to the museum.

Don't know if you want to do anything with this process on DW but feel free to post it.  This is good publicity for our passion / hobby.  The farmer's wife has been friendly throughout and it is a great end result; everyone is a winner.  Mr. Lodwick at the Museum has chased this up in recent months and I am grateful to him for his effort.

May see you at a DW rally soon Rob.

John
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:46:43 PM by Neil » Logged

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
TEZZA

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:32:54 PM »

Good on you Taff A great  gesture and advert to this brilliant hobby well done

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal