Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dennis Jordan Former Commitee Member Of Original N.C.M.D. (1980)s  (Read 5791 times)
Spooyt Vane
« on: February 05, 2015, 01:43:42 PM »

I met Dennis back in 1980s when the infant N.CM.D. was just taken of and was fighting to stop the Arkies from banning the hobby ..He was a very intelligent man ,but very serious and sometimes he did not realise he was being wound up..He took part in an international team match against Americans, English Scotsand and our team was a mixed celtic team ,two Brummies,with Irish fathers,,Dennis with a Scots grandfather and me lol at one of Mick Turrells rally's .We came second and won a bottle of champers..The Brummies decided that I should take the prize and we sent Dennis a picture of us drinking the champers..He did see the funny of that,but he was very serious about our hobby and fought tooth & nail for the survival of this wonderful thing called  detecting..R.I.P.  Cry

Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 06:13:39 PM »

R I P  Dennis, without people like you we  wouldn't have a hobby

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 03:24:13 PM »

R I P  Dennis, without people like you we  wouldn't have a hobby
A lot people in detecting today do not realise how close it came us losing our hobby back in the eighties.. The Arkies in Southern Ireland did, as they got it banned and they have come to regret that decision as hobby has gone under ground (EXCUSE THE PUN) and they are not getting those wonderful new finds that detectorists are making all over Britain ..Without the fight of the early N.C.M.D ..we simply would not have a hobby without there intelligence and fight   to disprove those stupid claims against the hobby (like a certain anti detecting blogger today) ..I say raise a glass to Dennis Jordan ,Colin Hanson and all those other gentlemen and ladies who have passed on to that golden field in the sky ..ROB Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal